Sign in to follow this  
JimCrossley

Atlanta, GA Help wanted

I received a call this morning at 7:30 am (before my 1st cup of coffee). The man's name was John, sorry no last name (remember the coffee). Any way, I think he was a contractor and he was looking for people to clean 800,000 sq. ft of asphalt at a placed called Centenial Station in Atlanta. I live here in the area for 20 plus years and have never run across that location before. It could be a new construction site.

He need help right away. I told him I was busy but I would spread the word.

I have told you as much as I can remember, (remember the coffee thing).

Don't call me.

Call John, his cell phone number is (770) 402-8643.

Jim,

thanks for the lead.. I'll call John tomorrow am.

Cujo

Ditto. Let me know if you want to tak team it. 800k of asphault is a tall order...

Jim,

thanks for the lead.. I'll call John tomorrow am.

Cujo

800k is a tall order, I'll bring my rig down from MD let me know if ya want to play trail boss, "head em up, move em out"

I'm in, I will call him.

I think he may be talking about the area of centenial park (olympic site 1996)

I have been there and there is alot of flatwork on the property and it is very dirty.

Plus alot of monuments.

Thanks

I called John Just Now. The location is "Atlantic Station".

800k asphalt. Brand new const. site cleanup.

He wants it started TODAY.

Location is at the new 17th st bridge.and I75S

Atlantic Station is the new "city within a city" development project.

Supposedly all parking area.

VC Management is the firm's name I believe (very hard to understand John's accent).

It's still up for grabs. He does not have a main contractor on board yet.

Too big of a project for me to take the lead. lololol. But I am in as a sub if anyone lands it. Black asphalt, hmmmmmm, which might mean alot of oil residue and alot of recovery!

As a follow up to my first posting, "John" call me again. If my schedule permits tomorrow, I will see him a try to figure out what space he is comming from. I think he is a PWer who is in over his head and he is looking for subs, but that is speculation on my part. The job site is huge, and the following is a Google satellite view of the job site taken during the early phases of construction.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=atlanta,+ga&ll=33.792665,-84.395835&spn=0.008640,0.014636&t=k&hl=en

It is a long URL and you may have to copy it your browser.

To see the streets that are next to the site press the Hybrid button on the map. The site is next to 17th Street.

I know that a number of people here in the Atlanta area have spoken to John over the phone. I will try to bring some sense of order with some digitals I will take of the job site.

If you have not played with the Google mapping program yet, plug in your home address and enjoy.

I had lots of fun in that area not too long ago. But holy crap, there are so many coffee houses and bistros splattered around that area its insane.

Be prepared to fend off the homos and the homeless like flies folks!

Doolittle told me that it is the new aquarium they are about to open soon.

Thanks for the call today Jim, I'm still in if we can make it happen.

We can all bring our riding lawnmowers and attach water broom s to them and knock this thing out in a month. lol.

Standing by.........

I had lots of fun in that area not too long ago. But holy crap, there are so many coffee houses and bistros splattered around that area its insane.

Be prepared to fend off the homos and the homeless like flies folks!

Ive seen the bums in the atl. theyre scared of water arent they?

That link is awesome....... I can literally see my house and property.

you guys should try it. Plus to actually have a visual of the jobsite really puts it into perspective. If you zero it in to the fullest view you can almost see the bums Ryan was talking about lol.

OK. This is the short story. Since I don't post much, but read a lot, here is what I saw about the job. I went and had a look see. I made my offer with 2 guys every day. Does everyone want to guess the cost PSF? Rather than everyone guessing, I'll tell you that unless you really want the job, plan on somewhere between .00 and .01 PSF. I moved on and finished a nice IPE deck today.

Paul

That's insane.... He will never get anyone in at that rate. But yea, Paul, thanks for the info. I think you just saved everyone a mild migrain. Hey you are just right up the road from me. Waffle house and java are on me if you ever want to swap secrets of the trade. Take care.

Adrian,

Thanks. We are doing a Cambara deck this week. The cleaning will be tomorrow 8/23/05 and the staining either Wed. or Thurs. I'll give you a call to see if you would like to see the deck. I will be using the Deckster on this job for the floor --while the guys are hand brushing the rails.

Paul

Paul - cambara is of the most difficult woods to master the oils recommended do not do it just-us. The Assuy and other stuff work like crap on this wood. What do you rekamendo ?

Paul sounds good . I have a bid to do in the afternoon in east cobb but I can make time after I pick up chems and do the bid.

Thanks and take care.

Adrian