Sign in to follow this  
JFife

easy recipes

Question

We talked about doing this a few months ago-----well, I'll start it off by listing a few recipes.

#1) This is my favorite dish, and I'll be lucky to see 30 if I eat it much more, but it sure is good.

Fettucine Alfredo:

1 box of ROTINI noodles (much better)

stick of butter

4 garlic cloves or garlic salt

1 cup of half-and-half or heavy cream

1 egg yolk

1 8oz. package of shredded Parmesan cheese

2 T. of Parsley

(optional) cubed chicken, can of diced tomatos, shrimp

----boil noodles. Melt butter on low heat, and sprinkle in some garlic salt to taste. Once melted, add 1/2 C. of cream. Mix the other 1/2 C. with the egg yolk. Add slowly some hot mixture to bowl with egg yolk, so not to cook the yolk. Once warmed, add to saucepan with butter, etc. Cook to almost boil, and dump in the bag of cheese. Stir until melted, and add parsley. I like mine with a can of italian diced tomatoes and cubed chicken or shrimp.

#2) Here is an easy pizza crust. Nice because you don't have to fridge it, etc., you can just make it and go.

16" pan

1 package of yeast

1 cup hot water

2T sugar

1T salt

2C flour

corn oil

Mix yeast, water and sugar in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. In another bowl, mix flour and salt. Add flour/salt to water/yeast and stir. Rub corn oil on pizza pan, and splash a little on the dough to make it more pliable. Spread on a 16" pan, cook at 450deg. for 10-12 minutes, take out, add sauce, toppings, cheese and cook until done.

#3) Biscuits

A good biscuit recipe is hard to come by---this one is easy, fluffy and good, the best i've found.

2C flour

3 1/2 t. baking powder

1 t. salt

1/3 C crisco

(1/4 t baking soda if you mix with buttermilk as opposed to reg. milk)

Mix flour, bp and salt in a bowl. Cut in the crisco. Add milk till they stick. Roll out and cut---makies about 6-12 biscuits, depending on size. Make them tall and they'll be fluffy. Cook 20-35 minutes @350deg.

7 answers to this question

Cook one package of Kraft shells and cheese

add one can of drained tuna

add one can of drained"early peas"(I use L'esure in a silver can--not sure if that's a national or regional brand--but worth the extra 30 cents)

stir all these together on low heat till warm.

Will feed two adults and my two kids easily.

Really easy and surpringly good.

Scott

Look in Wal mart's frozen food section(if you have personally boycotted Wal mart I commend you and you can check your local grocer) for these bags of frozen biscuits.They come like 20 in pack and are frozen like a brick.You can cook as few as you like though and when they are done they can pass for most home made biscuits.I think it is Pilsbury and wal marts private label in our stores.

Scott

Look in Wal mart's frozen food section(if you have personally boycotted Wal mart I commend you and you can check your local grocer) for these bags of frozen biscuits.They come like 20 in pack and are frozen like a brick.You can cook as few as you like though and when they are done they can pass for most home made biscuits.I think it is Pilsbury and wal marts private label in our stores.

Scott

I second the biscuits. Excellent and as close to homemade as any other.

I have tried the Pilsbury brand of biscuits and they are good, but I perfer the Mary B's brand (may be hard to find in your area but in most stores around here). They seem ligther and more of a homemade taste. If memory serves me, they are cheaper too.

Smokey

Scott

Yes, those biscuits are good. Schwans also has good frozen biscuits although a little pricey.

Mike

For the bachelor that refuses to die in me.........

Eggo waffles ...... two of them......... toast them....... spread peanut butter and honey

on them.... chase with a glass of chocolatey Ovaltine.

It still tastes great in my 40's. I refuse to grow up.

add to the biscuits when they come out of the oven...

4 tblspoons melted butter

garlic salt (to taste)

parsley - chopped fine or use dried parsley

mix these ingredients together and brush over warm biscuits.

Boy Howdy!

Bachelors cookbook (mine) recipes;

Beef Stew-

1lb ground beef

2 cans (14oz) Veg-all

2 tblspoons butter

1 packet of beef stew seasoning

Brown ground beef then add beef stew seasoning along with water as label directions specify.

Add butter

Add 2 cans of Veg-all to the ground beef mix and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Eat!!!

Beef stroganoff

1lb ground beef

2/3 cup water

1 packet of brown gravy mix

1/2 bag of wide egg noodles

Sour cream- as desired

Brown ground beef, then add brown gravy packet mixed with 2/3 cup of water

simmer on low

Cook egg noodles till tender, drain

Combine beef mix with noodles

Top with sour cream as desired.