Sign in to follow this  
Tronman

600 sq ft deck - PW

Question

I saw a post at one time regarding the use of a chemical rather than just psi to strip a deck. It is just raw wood - Gray. What chem should I use? Is it downstreamed or applied with a pump up sprayer?

8 answers to this question

Call Bob at Pressure Tek ( http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-6302467517443/index.html ) at 1-888-898-0908 He has some good chem's for what you want to do. You would use his F10 then F8 . I'll be doing a deck tomorrow just like what you are looking at. I'll try and remember to take my camera and post some pic's.

Thanks Wesley, 3 oz per gallon. We coated the whole thing since it was in the shade then started washing.. dwell time was about 20-25 minutes.

Thanks Mike, this was a baby. All season have been these ridiculously huge projects that all ended up taking longer than expected so this was a nice change. We arrived at 8 am stripped the deck, washed the house and driveway and were on our way home by 1:30. We are gonna seal it Friday morning with Sikkens SRD Natural Oak.

I don't understand the concept of using a stripper diluted which is harsher to wood than bleach at any rate ? please explain ? Ken I see this all the time I'm not picking you out... Are just more comfortable using a harsher chemical because you strip alot . Or you don't no how to use bleach ?

Probably a bit of both, James. I respect what you guys that use bleach do I just haven't had good results using it. I feel that the HD as diluted as I use it is probably on par with diluted bleach. I have used bleach on a few decks with a sound finish to just remove minor mold. I'm still a little skeptical of using it on untreated/exposed wood.