Who has Worker's Comp?

Do you have Worker's Comp?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Worker's Comp?

• Yes, I have it
    • No, I don't have it
    • Not yet, but I am getting it
    • I won't get it - please post why

I'm covered in many states, but some of the large management companies ask for extra things to be listed, endorsements, waivers etc etc and it gets to be a PITA sometimes and has cost me more $$$ to add & meet their requirements, its all over the place sometimes for comp & GL when dealing with the big regional or nation wide companies. Just when you think you have every possible addition to your policies, you get a call from a different management company and they want something extra, argggggggg. Just part of doing biz, but man 9-15 pages of stuff just for insurance coverage. One job I probably got close to 35 pages of stuff before it was finally a signed contract. Is it worth it? Sure, but sometimes its just overboard.

Forget what I had to go through for having coverage working up to 20 stories high

It was funny I have coverage to hang off the side of a flipping 20 story highrise building on swing stage, but had to fight, kick & scream to get the right coverage to clean two story roofs, go figure

I believe in being covered, a few hundred $$$ here, a couple thousand $$$ there, extra, to make sure I am covered, its worth it, better than doing a job and hope nothing goes bad.

Not worth getting sued and possibly losing my company and more for one job

Got to love insurance companies LOL

Edited by Jeff

im going through hell trying to get it. Payroll is too low. Up on roofs, out on docks and you know how someone might get hurt on a dock! Most agents wont even call me back. I finally got my guys on a payroll service, but I want it for myself too.

Having Employees w/o WC is foolish. Having WC has put $$ in my pocket. It has given me the edge to bid jobs and win bids. If some hack bid against me and wins and they dont have WC, or lie that they do. I squeal until they get proper coverage or drop out. Gotta make the playing field level.

Good Point

Good topic, can't and dont want to believe some of these answers.

You guys complain about fly by nite people and maybe half the BBS is.

another observation, two nicknames in 1 and 2 only has two full names.

I cant accept not having what you need, reguardless of the rules.

some may take this as and attack, Dont, I thought the same way when i started. I'm doing those a favor that want to make more money. your being discriminated agaist and dont know it.

Good Post

We choose to carry workers comp for 2 reasons. We do a large amount of commercial work and many companies require that you have it. Second with the type of residential work that has a higher degree off difficulty like roof cleaning. I feel more comfortable that my guys are insured and in turn my company is protected.

The company I have workers comp threw asked if I done roofs, said they didnt do workers comp for companies that cleaned roofs. Originally I tried the pay as you go workers comp threw quickbooks, er hartford institute, whatever it is, and they said they didnt do workers comp for anyone that washed trucks. crazy..