Sign in to follow this  
seymore

Hurricane Katrina

Question

35 answers to this question

Employees Needed/Jobs Available

I've been listening to the hurricane coverage on NPR as I clean and restock vehicles. Sounds as if one of the long term problems may be the total destruction of the infrastructure, and of business. People are leaving the area because of the lack of services, jobs, business.

Many of us owning our businesses have had dificulty in finding qualified people to fill positions, allowing us to expand. This may be an opportunity to benefit some of the people leaving the New Orleans and ourselves. But I have no idea how to contact any of those who may be interested in looking elswhere for jobs. If there are those of us who are located in LA or ALA who could help in this endeavor, please post the information.

Douglas Hicks

General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

Well I'm back online via AOL.Never would have ever imagined I'd be happy with dial up.A lot of catching up to do.

Has anyone heard from Bill Hunter (Big Bill)? I don't know him personally but he lives about 20 minutes east of me.They got hit HARD.I mean HARD!!! Lots of wind damage. I looked and he hasn't posted in a couple of weeks.He may not have internet either.

If anyone here are praying people.......He and his family most likely need it.There were only about 200 people in St. Tammany that were killed in the storm.So the odds are he is alive but very well could be in a shelter with family because house is gone or may be VERY damaged.Even if home No power, No Ice, No Phones(not even cell), No food or gas.Not a pleasant living with kids. I just hope he evacuated to somewhere and is not caught up in that mess over there.

I just thought someone may have been emailed by him maybe.

Scott

Scott,

Bill HUnter and his family are safe.They made it out before the storm hit,they are in Houston at his sisters house.Their home didn't suffer any major damages,but his neighbors were all hit pretty hard.He was heading back to L.A on saturday morning to give a hand to the neighbors.

Happy to hear you have made it through.We are all praying for everyone in the gulf states.

This is the post Bill made on TCN last night.

Katrina Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I was offshore when this storm entered the Gulf of Mexico (GOM). We evacuated last Sunday. After getting off the helicopter, I hauled ass home (about 4 hours) to get the family ready. We left the next morning headed for Houston to my sisters house. We are still here & finally found out today that my house was spared, but lots & lots of trees in my neighborhood are down. I live about 35 miles north of downtown New Orleans. We don't have power, looks like it could be weeks before we get it......but I am LUCKY.

I beg all of you to PLEASE do what you can to help the people in New Orleans, the Mississippi Gulf Coast, & all the people in our country that have been affected by this catastrophe. The magnitude of Katrina will be felt by all of us. Katrina is the single largest catastrophe in the U.S. By the time all is said & done, thousands will have died, many others will have lost everything that they own.

I have seen all of the video footage on the looting, heard the stories of all the other crimes. All I will say is that these people will meet their match one day.

I don't know when I will be back on here, so thanks for your concern. I am headed home in the morning, going to help the neighbors out.

Talk to ya'll later

Bill Hunter

Supreme Clean Pressure Washing

(985) 246-9665

Thanks I just saw it over there myself.I came here first because he usually visits both.I'm glad for him.I knew it was bad there.

Scott

Scott,

Bill HUnter and his family are safe.They made it out before the storm hit,they are in Houston at his sisters house.Their home didn't suffer any major damages,but his neighbors were all hit pretty hard.He was heading back to L.A on saturday morning to give a hand to the neighbors.

Happy to hear you have made it through.We are all praying for everyone in the gulf states.

This is the post Bill made on TCN last night.

Katrina Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I was offshore when this storm entered the Gulf of Mexico (GOM). We evacuated last Sunday. After getting off the helicopter, I hauled ass home (about 4 hours) to get the family ready. We left the next morning headed for Houston to my sisters house. We are still here & finally found out today that my house was spared, but lots & lots of trees in my neighborhood are down. I live about 35 miles north of downtown New Orleans. We don't have power, looks like it could be weeks before we get it......but I am LUCKY.

I beg all of you to PLEASE do what you can to help the people in New Orleans, the Mississippi Gulf Coast, & all the people in our country that have been affected by this catastrophe. The magnitude of Katrina will be felt by all of us. Katrina is the single largest catastrophe in the U.S. By the time all is said & done, thousands will have died, many others will have lost everything that they own.

I have seen all of the video footage on the looting, heard the stories of all the other crimes. All I will say is that these people will meet their match one day.

I don't know when I will be back on here, so thanks for your concern. I am headed home in the morning, going to help the neighbors out.

Talk to ya'll later

Bill Hunter

Supreme Clean Pressure Washing

(985) 246-9665

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9156612/

Innocent people coming to help,and they were shot at! What kind of people live in New Orleans , Jesus Christ! I am so livid right now. I went through 2 hurricanes last year and when workers came to help out man I fed them and gave them water, man I so happy to see them.WTF are these people thinking.Ok somebody please help me out.Somebody please justify this.I am so pissed off right now maybe because I am a paramedic and I have friends on their way to help.I have to breathe,relax.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.This is worst than looting I hope they killed everyone of those M***** F****** that were shooting.I can not imagine during 9-11 that people coming to help would be shot at come the F*** on.I am beyond myself. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

That's why we needed Federal help fast. 500 officers wading in water with pistols cannot fight these people and rescue.We needed Army Rangers and blackhawks and apache helicopters shooting the insurrgents(yes just like Iraq).It's shameful that these punks caused thousands of deaths.Volunteers typically would have gone in our boats rescuing people but they wouldn't let us in for safety reasons.

Scott

Agreed, if shot at shot back and who the hell cares who is doing the shooting, for sure not a law abiding citizen but punks.

What thrill is there in shooting at people trying to rescue others? It is to bad those bad apples are not the ones trapped under water for say 15 minutes. Sorry but it is cheaper to bury them then to house them in prison for a few years.

Shot at me I can assure you I will shoot back and I can assure you it will hit the mark, if I miss the first shot the second won't miss.