Sign in to follow this  
flimmy

Burner to roof clearance for an enclosed trailer

For those that have a hot water pwer in an enclosed trailer and do not have it vented through the roof what is the distance from the burner top to the roof ?

I just bought an enclosed trailer and don't want to cut a hole in the roof. It's a 6x12 with 7' inside height. I will have 40+ " from the burner top to the roof. I am going to put sheet metal inside on the roof to help with any heat just above the burner. It also has a roof vent that I will open when the rig is running along with the side and back doors.

Thanks,

Scott

this is what the inside of my trailer looks like after 200hrs of burner use. no damage, just ugly. added the vent, but havnt used the burner yet to see if it works.

Mine is just vented out the back on the trailers. Don't like alot of holes in the trailer, for the reason of selling it later for another. Just watch how far it comes out for you head reasons.

Scott so true LOL

Never know when you may want to move stuff around, and then you will have a swiss cheese trailer. Then when you want to sell it for an upgrade, the next guy may be a landscaper or other and pass on it due to the holes in it.