Sign in to follow this  
mrod514

Need advice

Question

I need advice on house cleaning and roof cleaning. I need to know whats the process to applaying the chems and whats next do i scrub pressure wash or just rinse and what chemicals to use. I see that a lot of people use chlorine but I dont know for what and what do they mix it with if any. thanks a lot mark r.

8 answers to this question

I need advice on house cleaning and roof cleaning. I need to know whats the process to applaying the chems and whats next do i scrub pressure wash or just rinse and what chemicals to use. I see that a lot of people use chlorine but I dont know for what and what do they mix it with if any. thanks a lot mark r.
For housewashing, I applay chemicals using a downstreamer, and sometimes the M5 Xjet. I use 90% pool chlorine 10% citracleen (soap) in the housewash when downstreaming. When Xjetting, I use 50% pool chlorine, 20% citracleen, and 30% water. For roofs, I applay chlorine with a 12v shurflo pump, typically starting with a 30-40% mix. Yes, scrub everything. The best thing to use is a small hand brush, though I have heard that a good toilet brush works well too. My best advice is to simply take the next few days and spend HOURS reading back posts in the housewashing and roofwashing forums, and as many other forums as you can fit in. There's a HUGE amount of information here, you just have to want to take the time to read it.

For housewashing, I applay chemicals using a downstreamer, and sometimes the M5 Xjet. I use 90% pool chlorine 10% citracleen (soap) in the housewash when downstreaming. When Xjetting, I use 50% pool chlorine, 20% citracleen, and 30% water. For roofs, I applay chlorine with a 12v shurflo pump, typically starting with a 30-40% mix. Yes, scrub everything. The best thing to use is a small hand brush, though I have heard that a good toilet brush works well too. My best advice is to simply take the next few days and spend HOURS reading back posts in the housewashing and roofwashing forums, and as many other forums as you can fit in. There's a HUGE amount of information here, you just have to want to take the time to read it.

Little harsh Mike. Don't you thank?

Actually, the search feature just got better too! You can now do Boolean searching. And as Rod pointed out, the FAQ/Guide area has some info as well. Searching is always an excellent supplement to posting.

Beth

My best advice is to simply take the next few days and spend HOURS reading back posts in the housewashing and roofwashing forums, and as many other forums as you can fit in. There's a HUGE amount of information here, you just have to want to take the time to read it.

I was serious about this part...That's what I did when I was starting out (and I'm sure many others here). I think I spent every free moment I had for literally weeks reading back posts about everything I could. These boards have saved me SO MUCH trial and error and aggrivation over the past 3 years.