Sign in to follow this  
JBenson

deck cleaning

Question

My shipment of chems didnt make it in time for my job tomorrow so i went to northern tool and got there Tuff Task deck cleaner. I dont have pics of the deck but it is just the normal minor dirt and mildew, does anyone know if this stuff will work. Any other options would be greatly appreciated.

20 answers to this question

I've never used the stuff. I guess you'll find out tomorrow how it works, because you're not going to have time to go any other route. Let us know how it works, and take plenty of pics if you can.

Good Luck.

I've never used the stuff. I guess you'll find out tomorrow how it works, because you're not going to have time to go any other route. Let us know how it works, and take plenty of pics if you can.

Good Luck.

There is another route he could go if its just gray and mildewy with no previous sealer....B****H ........but we'll leave that alone this time around :)

Actually I had thought about B****H, but figured it's best left to those that know how to use it properly. Plus, I didn't want to stir up the topic regarding the use of B****H again.....LOL!

Did someone say the B****H word?? :cool:

I take it the deck is PT lumber?

Benson,You can use a light 3:2 mixture bleach/soap solution let it sit for 10 min or so keeping the deck wet.Lightly P/wash getting the first layer of crud off.See how the wood looks and if the deck is real dirty you'll have to spray another round of bleach/soap and rinse real well.

Bleach will dry the wood up so it's very important that you use a good penetrating parrafin oil base stain to moisten the wood up to prevent it from cracking and drying out.

You are very welcomed Celeste!... Everybody has to learn somewhere :cool:

Better to learn the right way then to get no pay from a bad job! :D

You guys are too funny...I don't think the BBS is set up to censor the word bleach. ;)

The key to using any tool, is knowing how to use it best to get results. Sharing how is what helps us all.

Beth

Thanks for all the info, I know most of the bleach problems, from what i gather you just can not let it dry. I wont use that anyway. The stuff i have is a actually a pre carb based cleaner, so i hope it works well. I tried it on a peice of wood here and just rinsed with the hose and it cleaned it off pretty well. If this does not work I will just go back next week with Safewash and do it. Thank you for all the input.

Mike you know you can be a real son of a bl**** bringing up that debate again! :growl:

The product he is talking about probably is bleach based.

was just hoping that someone that uses B****H would chime in and give the "proper" way to use it instead of searching and finding all the debate threads and doing it wrong.....and Shane stepped up to the plate :cool:

if the dreaded "B" word tool is gonna be used, just remember rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse some more.......

are you mad at me Ken.....?? :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Beth, I tried typing the evil word and the board wouldnt let me, hmmmm, LOL

and now that its warmer out, time to head out and use some HD80....hey, it let me type that !!!!!

(sung to Grease) Bleach is the word, is the word that you heard, it's got groove, it's for cleaaninngg.

Yo Mike, the one that is strapped always wins the arguement. Now let me get back to cleaning my Desert Eagle.

(sung to Grease) Bleach is the word, is the word that you heard, it's got groove, it's for cleaaninngg.

Good One!

There was this one time, at bandcamp, that I inhaled too much chlorine fumes. I know this because I walked around all day with dog crap stuck to my boots and I couldn't even smell it.;)

Good One!

There was this one time, at bandcamp, that I inhaled too much chlorine fumes. I know this because I walked around all day with dog crap stuck to my boots and I couldn't even smell it.;)

Now that's funny!:lolsign:

Now that's scarry...

Anyone ever had a chemical respiratory burn?

Beth