Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy M

telescoping wand

Question

Has anyone tried the new heavy duty telescoping wand from Sunbrite. Wondering if it is any better than the ones from northern tool when extended all the way out.

44 answers to this question

Has anyone tried the new heavy duty telescoping wand from Sunbrite. Wondering if it is any better than the ones from northern tool when extended all the way out.

Not sure which one you are talking about but... I bought this wand from SunBrite not long ago (maybe 1 or 2 months) and it seems to do fine.

http://store.yahoo.com/sunbrite/nealctewafrb.html

I have only done some testing of the wand on my own house. Haven't had a need to use it yet. Wand seems to work fine. It comes with a belt kit which is good because it feels pretty heavy to me when extended all the way out. I have not used any other tele wands to compare too so I can't help with comparisons to others.

Thanks,

Mike

Jimmy,

Also this wand is heavy duty. I feel pretty confident that it will hold up to a lot of use in the field. I couldn't justify the cost of a coress or Steve Rowlett's heavy duty wand so I got this one instead. Just my personal opinion.

Thanks,

Mike

We have used our twice.It's nice to have when needed,but those occassions are rare.

The B.E Supply wand or the one Northern tools sells will fit most applications.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&langId=-1&productId=200314015&R=200314015&issearch=227024

I need the wand for new construction brick cleaning. I just don't want one that will flex like a noodle.I know coress sales a nice one as does Steve Rowlett. I was hoping to spend a little less.

I bought the one from Northern tool that Squirtgun posted the link to.

I bought it for a job and have yet to get myself to use it. It's noticable heavier than the yellow noodle type but looks to be very well built and capable of downstreaming.The job I'm doing is a paint prep at the Tradewinds Resort on St. Pete beach. Luckily the painter I'm doing this for rented a lift for a month and this is pretty much all i've used. I've used the noodle where I had to around 10 feet or so and in my opinion is the most practicle.

Like any tool , the noodle or any extention wand has it's place.

We have two Coress wands and wouldn't be caught without at least one on the truck. The cost was a choker up front but the particular job we needed it on paid for it and frankly we couldn't have done that one without it. Steve's is less than $500 and is built to last - between the savings on chiropractor visits and how long it's gonna be with you, it's not a bad investment.

interesting that this would come up, I just got back from looking over a house I will be bidding on, and this sucker is HUGE!! I'm not a big fan of the idea of using an extension wand, but with this one, it just can't see any way around. The walls/eaves are up at about 25ft. in a few areas, which would be no problem with the m-5, but there's so many dirt dobbers, I'm not going to be able get good results without some close range cleaning. Is the Corress fairly rigid, extended at 20', with a tip suppling about 250 to 500 psi.? I think a lift is not going to work, as the access is limited around the house.

Any other pros and cons on the coress wand would be very much appreciated.

After having hot water, I don't think I could ever go back to cold very often. I think I probably do more commercial than you do and it's an absolute must for gum.

If you do more than one regular commercial job, you do more than me! I have a grand total of ONE commercial job, every two weeks, and the chlorine does all I need for that one...little to no gum (1-2 pieces, max, if any).

interesting that this would come up, I just got back from looking over a house I will be bidding on, and this sucker is HUGE!! I'm not a big fan of the idea of using an extension wand, but with this one, it just can't see any way around. The walls/eaves are up at about 25ft. in a few areas, which would be no problem with the m-5, but there's so many dirt dobbers, I'm not going to be able get good results without some close range cleaning. Is the Corress fairly rigid, extended at 20', with a tip suppling about 250 to 500 psi.? I think a lift is not going to work, as the access is limited around the house.

Any other pros and cons on the coress wand would be very much appreciated.

Yeah, the Coress is plenty rigid, and fairly light, just expensive!

The coress used to be the absolute best out there, but I hear there's a new wand out there now that's even better...the RX somethingorother. :rolleyes:

On large new construction brick, you're wielding that things for lengthy periods of time so maneuverability and less flex is really important.

The Coress is light enough at I (5'4", 135 lbs) can handle it for a respectable time frame. I watched Roger (5'10", 230 lbs) with the noodle kind and he looked like a cat wrestling a grizzly bear. The rigidity is remarkable.

Steve's Magnum wand is lighter weight, slightly smaller diameter, has a removable gun, has different type screw tighter thingies, and if this is important to you - Made In America.

Celeste

Ive got the blue fiberglass jobber from one of the internet sites, it noodles with a high psi tip, but a larger hole its pretty rigid, pretty heavy and it rarely gets used.....the absolute worst thing is the twist locks on the poles, after just a little flex, they are a bear to twist loose, especially with wet hands......whatever you get, find a pin lock type.....

Anybody know hat kind of lock mechanisms the coress wands and Steve's wands have?

The last time I checked my Coress had the twist-locks, but they don't stick like the cheapy noodles do.

Anybody know hat kind of lock mechanisms the coress wands and Steve's wands have?

I believe they both have the twist kind, but being aluminum, you don't get the problems with them overtightening. I've not had a problem with mine the few times I've used it.

Steve's wand has the twist locks.

The BE aluminum wand that I have has the pin locks.

Thanks,

Mike

Can someone give me the web address for corress? Just wasted 30 minutes of my life searching for it on here and on Google with no luck.

I attribute my bad habit for cursing to the extendable wand. I've used the wand 3 times since I bought it 3 years ago and haven't been able to rid the nasty cuss words since.

:lgangry: