Sign in to follow this  
newlook

Opinion on Delco's RK43

Thinking about adding yet another rig to our cache of gadgets and gizmos :)

Anybody have any exerience and/or advice on the Delco's RK43 rig? I am looking at them and also a Landa for consideration.

Thanks

Carlos, I can only speak for the Landa having had a few different models over the past five years.I started with a 2.8 gallon unit doing kitchen exhaust cleaning and just sold the 230V one I needed at the Philly Airport . One thing in common with all of them, I didn't need to do a thing to them. I am not into taking apart my machine and cleaning coils etc etc. Filtration, safety features and quality are in over abundance on the Landas. They are expensive and to me, worth the money.

If I could field strip a machine and analyze trouble and fix it, then I would go with something cheaper.

I bought a RK-43 about 2 1/2 years ago and I have had only minor problems. The pressure gauge never would worked right even after getting a replacement. The relay in the burner went out and I had to replace the unloader. I have had no problems with the pump or engine. I paid $4,000 for it when I bought it.

i BOUGHT ONE IN JAN. HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS THUS FAR. I UPGRADED TO THE KOHLER ENGINE, MUCH BETTER ENGINE. LOOKING BACK I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY WENT WITH THE RK-21,I THINK THIS IS THE ONE WITH THE 120 VOLT BURNER AND 3000 PSI PUMP. CAN'T SEE A NEED FOR ANY MORE PRESSURE UNLESS YOU ARE REMOVING RUBBER FROM AIRPORT RUNWAYS.LOL. I THINK MOST FOLKS LIKE THE 120 VOLT BURNER VS. THE 12 VOLT . AT LEAST MY REPAIR PERSON DOES. JUST A THOUGHT.

Rather than focus on price or other features, I'd look closer at the support you will or will not receive from Delco.

I do know that when I called Delco about the pressure gauge being bad they made me send the old one back. I thought that was a little strange because they were inexpensive ones to begin with.