Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Sample proposal

This a proposal I use. Just thought it may give some of you guys some ideas. With every proposal I also send list of references, list of some past projects, Insur. Cert. & biz lic. I believe a detailed proposal helps get work.

Its good, but is too much for me.

Just my opinion. I like things simple, you can protect yourself with a simple agreement.

Plus in 22 years I've never had to take anyone to court. Thank Goodness.

I never supply my reference unless they request. And my insurance company would have a fit if i requested all whom i write a proposal to be sent a cert.

No one has every requested my business license.

I'm not saying your wrong or right. Just that I can think of reasons why i dont want to do this.

Customers reasons, to much clutter & willl loose sight of the meat of things.

Insurance reasons: they would drop me or charge me to send request at the rate i send proposals.

The past projects, I hope you have your past customers permission. I use this one but i get the permission from the customers that i use.

Sending references without being asked: if i did this they would bother my references for no reasons. I want people that are very serious. when they looked at my prices and they like the package, then i send references. this is more of a courtesy to my references than anything. also competitors shop you, I sure dont want to be sending them that list.

Its good, but is too much for me.

Just my opinion. I like things simple, you can protect yourself with a simple agreement.

Plus in 22 years I've never had to take anyone to court. Thank Goodness.

Ron, do you have a sample you could post, Id like to see it.

I have some property managers that have asked me to submit my propsal all the time, so they can have it to show the HOA's.

I had one person threaten to take me to small claims court over a couple plants and a bamboo curtain on a balcony, I told them to look at the proposal/contract they signed. It was their fault they didnt remove objects from thier 2nd story balcony, not mine. It was a neighborhood of 18 stilt homes. They ended up paying me when I told them I would take them to court. Thank Goodness thats the only time I had to go through this hassle.

Ron i got all that covered, of course I asked my references if I could use them, a few of them told me I could use them , even before I asked

As for bothering references, the way I figure it, if they are checking references, they are serious. Why else would a prospective customer call my references.

The Insur. Cert is a up to date sample and if I get the job upon request I give them one addressed to them for the project. Ive had several ask.

You come up with a couple valid points, but I dont have 22 years of experience owning a business like you. I do the best I can seeing Ive only been targeting this kind of work for 3 years. Everyday is a learning experience I have found and I love learning since I got in this biz

Ron i got all that covered, of course I asked my references if I could use them, a few of them told me I could use them , even before I asked

its not that you dont have permission, the new guy will call them for no reason. I just dont give them until they are serious.

I used to do this, they will call you and say no more. Please take me off that list.

Anytime you need something just call, if it commercial flat work I got yah covered.

Sign up on *** in the Prop thread and you will get a simple prop. or ask someone who has recieved one from me.

Hey Ron I emailed you on ***, I signed up but it wont let me post. I look forward to getting on the ***, Ive already read some interesting stuff

I've had the same problem. I've been signed up for about a year, but have never been able to post messages or threads.