Sign in to follow this  
huntercook

Drive way I did today

Question

Done a few driveways and never posted any pictures. Anyways I'm using a 3500 psi 4gpm cold water washer with a surface cleaner (I bought from Don Phelps). Total time from the time I started unloading and time I got finished loading was about 45 minutes to an hour. 1/4 of that time was just washing the mildew residue into the gutter and road.

before2.jpgafter2.jpg

14 answers to this question

Hunter,

great looking work !! what chems did you use? if any.....

at the top of both pics, it looks like the neighbors sidewalk is a mess too, did you knock on their door or leave a card with them? could be an easy sale..... nice going :cool:

No I didn't use any chemicals. I'm hoping some of the neighboors do notice how dirty their driveways and walks are and call me. That would be pretty nice. I'm not going to be able to do any work for sometime (a week or so), I just sold my Jeep today and I won't be getting a truck till after this hurricane. But as soon as I do I plan to throw a bunch of flyers out, around 500 or so. I've read on Lawnforums.com to only expect a 1% return rate on them. But thats fine with me right now, 5 turns into 7 hopefully and so on.

Nice work....

In the future please follow these directions for posting photos. This link will help. http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_attachment_explain

Adding them the way you did has an effect on the database. :(

Thanks. :sunshine:

Beth :cup:

Huntercook,

The drive looks great! Just a little piece of advice, try using a little chlorine on drives after cleaning them. It makes a huge difference in the finished product al well as how long it will stay clean. When you clean with a surface cleaner it does a great job at removing the top layer of mildew/algea, but without the chemical, the spores will still remain. This means it will come back very fast, and you will also see every run that your surface cleaner made when it does begin to return. Keep up the good work!

Did they not move the van for you?

Funny you mentioned that, as I was thinking the same thing. It looks as if it is parked in the exact same spot in both the the before and after.

Im thinking of using chemicals very soon. I need to buy tanks though. I was thinking just using 5 gallon gas cans to start with. But to Ryan and CCPC, I already did that part of the driveway a day before. (it was my fathers house).

NIce work.... I saw you live in orlando.... one thing for yuo to think abuot is starting to do pavers.... and paver driveways.....being in Florida they are a VERY big business , not so much in other states lots of money in paver sealing... and very low overhead you can use your existing equipement... geta chem injector soem light acid and detergent and a big 18 inch roller and pan and be done in no time...if you ever have any questions about PAVERs i am the authority in Florida for pavers and paver and brick sealing:lgbow: id be more then happy to help you out with any questions :)

I noticed you are also challanged with the dreaded "stripes / lap marks".

We use 4035 nozzles on similar set-up as yours with striping showing up from time to time.

We use pool shock diluted 1:3 after cleaning with the surface cleaner. It does not help the striping, but it takes care of the algae, mold and mildew. If you let it dwell long enough, it will keep it from reoccurring for a long time.