Sign in to follow this  
tropical wave

Finally finished deck

Question

Finally wrapped this one up prior to the Chicago weather taking its turn for the worse. Pics arent that great, cloudy, cold, dreary day...... But at least its done before winter and everyone is pleased.... :)

post-721-137772148265_thumb.jpeg

post-721-137772148269_thumb.jpeg

15 answers to this question

Im really dissapointed with the way the first pic came out, looks poopy, but the second one (with the floor) is the way the whole deck looks.

Is this "the one"? well, lets just say this "is just one" and leave it there. :)

the color is Natural Cedar.

It was supoosed to rain today, but the sun is out, maybe I'll head back out and check it in some good light.

Cute Shane, very cute... :)

The roof needs replacing, lots of shingles are curling up, they just replaced the siding, did the deck, next year they'll do the roof and a patio down near the deck.... trying to work the neighbor, they need a serious deck restoration....would be another challenge, its so gray, its black and the green growing on it looks like astro-turf......

went by today, weather was better and the color settled in a bit after just one day, it'll look even better in a few more, but since I was there I snapped a couple more....you can see the difference in color already....

post-721-137772148337_thumb.jpeg

Now that's a very :cool: pic Mike!

I swear that deck looks more gold to me than a redish cedar tone.lt could just be my eyes tho.... ;)

GO STROS!!

Now that's a very :cool: pic Mike!

I swear that deck looks more gold to me than a redish cedar tone.lt could just be my eyes tho.... ;)

GO STROS!!

Thanks guys, Shane look at the other one we did with the roof and all, that is the same sealer just on much older weathered wood....you'll see a big difference in the color.... :)

Ken, I dont recall how much sealer is left in the pail, but I used less than 4 gallons....It was super windy so I brushed it all, so not too much waste.

Tracey Deg, yea its the RS natural cedar. The temps are getting low, the grain was tight and the wood is pretty new, so I didnt take much sealer at all......was applied pretty lightly, so it would penetrate without sitting on top forever in the cooler temps. I actually thought it would take more in since it was a strip and sand job, but it didnt.