Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Upselling you don't know until you ask

Does everybody try to upsell, when you are looking at a job?

Do you give customer a price/estimate for what they ask to be cleaned and then do you automatically add the surrounding areas to the estimate

I just got a good upsell on a condo complex I do every June, its 35 buildings, 181 units. The complex is 3 1/2 years old. I noticed the small concrete walkways & driveways were starting to get dirty. I called the property manager and mentioned this, she said give her a price. I priced the small drive and walk at $24 a unit, then I also added $10.00 a unit and we will clean the curbing and a couple other common areas of concrete. The curbing is low and can be done with a surface cleaner for the most part, The concrete isnt bad at all. I also told them if its done every year I'll reduce the price by 10%.

I got the upsell, I really didnt think I would , but you dont know until you ask!

I try to upsell all the time, Id say I get something extra 15-25% of the time. Even if it just something little, its money in the pocket

What are some of your best UPSELLS

This is the complex

Jeff,

If you reduce the price by 10%/year, you will eventually have to pay them to do the work! lol

Nah, heck the concrete is at least 3 1/2 years old and not really dirty at all, cleaning it every year we'll be able to fly through it. Driveways are real small and the walkways are 6-10' long. Piece of cake, easy $$$

OHHH, I get it, 10% every year. just 10% of original price, derrr

I price everything I see weither they ask or not, a lot of times people won't notice till u point it out, or don't know that u can "solve" that porb for them. If I dont get it that time, I have gotten a call a few weeks after the fact to do more.

I also told them if its done every year I'll reduce the price by 10%.

Jeff, how do you get them to commit to a yearly cleaning. Do they sign a contract for x amount of years?

Jeff, how do you get them to commit to a yearly cleaning. Do they sign a contract for x amount of years?

Im not great with contracts, as trying to secure work. No written long term contract. But what I did with them and Ive told other property managers is if they do it the next year within a12 month period, I'll charge them the same as the year before. I already have done this one 2 times and I toldthem Id have to raise the price $ 4.00 a unit. it cover increases in gas and other things, I was already getting a good price on this job. This complex is great its fairly new and they want to keep it that way

Large gutter cleaning jobs I do have them sign for 2 years what ever it is 1/4ly, biannually etc

Some of the other complexes I do wont sign, Most dont want to do it every 12 months, they will wait until they start seeing green mold & mildew , I get several within 16 -19 months and some wait even longer and will put bids out.

Some have it in thier budget some dont. I'll get better at doing contracts for regular cleaning, but quite often the HOA just doesnt have the money