Sign in to follow this  
Tronman

Arsenic poisoning

Question

I just found out that my cousin in Austin had an almost lethal dose of arsenic after trying to clean her pressure treated deck with chlorine while bare foot. She soon after started having hallucinations and began loosing weight rapidly. It wasn't until weeks later that she found out what it was. She is gaining weight now but they said it would have to slowly leave her body naturally.

Close call... I'm heading to Austin tomorrow to see how she is recovering.

7 answers to this question

That is terrible, hope she is OK. Cleaner Times had an article in the most recent issue addressing the arsenic treated wood. Listed alot of tips for proper care and how to prevent health issues.

Ken, we wish her the best for a speedy recovery.

Those of you who sand CCA wood, and do not wear a mask/respirator....are asking for all that CCA to poison your respiratory tract as well. Regardless of if you are washing or sealing, this is a real health risk folks...

Beth

Ken and others,

Our bodies do not metabolize Arsenic. In other words, it stays in our bodies until something is prescribed by a doctor to help flush it out of our system.

http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/b0789fb70f8ff03285257029006e3880/eabcba60dbba6cfe8525702e0059bd15!OpenDocument

There is plenty of information here for anyone who would like to inform themselves and their customers.

Rod~