Sign in to follow this  
JFife

gotta cool car??

Question

13 answers to this question

I have in my garage an 87 Buick Grand National which was the last year this car was made. You can see it hiding in the garage in this picture.

post-43-137772149401_thumb.jpg

My pop had a 70 Chevelle SS, 454, Muncie 4 speed, 9" posi rear, he was first owner. It took me six months of driving it after my 18th birthday to lose my license for a year for drag racing on front street. It had a very agressive cam profile.. If I close my eyes I can still hear it loping at idle.......... ::daydream:::

I currently have 2 projects going, one is not enough of a $$ pit. I have a 67 chevelle that is my first love. It has a bored .60 over 327 and lots of goodies.

The second is a manx buggy, one of those fiberglass VW buggies from the 70's. It will be fun to cruise this spring but it will be sold to finance the finishing touches on the chevelle.

Hopefully I will find a 427 to put in the chevelle with the buggy money.

Hey Larry,

...Post some pics of the Chevelle if you get a chance. 67' is my second fav, but I'm gonna hold out for a 66'. Ever think about just stepping up to a 502 rather than a 427?? Everyone knows the cheapest HP comes from c.i. :) Definitely something cool about saying you've got a 427 though:)

PressurePro, I know what you mean about the lopping at idle. My first car was a 69' chevelle, had to sell when i went to college for something more economical. Cool to idle across gravel and everytime the cam turns over the tires "slip" just a little:) I want to paint my 66' baby blue with a little flake to it (so it doesn't look girly) and do the interior out in all pearl. 17's in the front, 18's in the back. Just a decent crate 350ci will do, Muncie 4 speed, and a killer system. Ah, the dream.

The car is undergoing a frame off right now. I have 90% of parts to put it back together now I just need the time to finish. Honstly, I like the grill of the of the 66 better, but I was born in 67 so that is what I chose. A crate 502 w/500+ h.p. would be incredibly nice but a 427 was the dream in high school.

On a side note, does anybody know how to make a flip nose? Everybody I talked to says that is too "old school" and their is no kit available.

Larry,

I also like the grill, as well as the little "triangle" on the side of the headlights. Those details, and the different taillights are the only differences I believe.

I have a 1969 Convertible Camaro. I spent 3 years doing a frame-off restoraiton. It was my best friends car in high school and I am only the 4th owner. If I figure out how to attach a pic I will post for all to enjoy.

I had a triumph TR 6 when I was in the army. Drove it all over the west and North west and most of Germany. Nothing like driving through the mountains with the top down. Had to sell when I had my first kid though. Too expensive to maintain. Every thing they say about British cars is true, the good and the bad