Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

New House?

Question

This is the basic plan for my new house, if the bank says OK. We aare addin a little more sq ft to living rm & kitchen, about a foot wider on the master bedroom and a little longer , the sitting area will be walled off for my office. The bonus room instead of 2 skinny window dormers its going to be one wide dormer

adding to the back left side of house 900sq ft full in law suite, for my Mother. I have the lot 2/3 acre on cul de sac. Working with a great builder and hope to sign before the new year to have him start building early 2006. Abit pricey, but i guess a lot less than up north. Everything is going up in price around here . In my new neighborhood the lots sold for 60K all are reselling now for over 100K, 10 months later, I wish I bought a few. OH well

About 3250 sq ft plus garage. Going to have to PW alot of driveways to pay for this, lol

Wish me luck! We're getting excited

JL

81 answers to this question

Jeff Super House and with that great looking Family I know it will be a wonderful home. Life truly is good!

Great life, that is!

My wife says, "Cool house, we're on the way for a visit!"

What do ya say? Roundtable at Jeff's?:lgkick: :lgbounces

Hey Scott, how you doing, hope all is going great!!!!

House is coming along we have paint on the walls, light fixtures are mostly up and tile will be going in soon, about anther 70 days and it should be complete. Things are going better, they gave me a lady to talk to and bypass the Constuction super who was ordering all kinds of things wrong. They have torn off a majority of the aluminum trim and soffit a couple times until they finnally brought in a new crew to do it right. Its OK as long as they fix the mistakes that all I care about

I go out there every day we are so excited the place is looking really great and we are so happy with the plan we picked & designed, its cool

Couple more sets of shutters are need and concrete & brick steps and the exterior of the house will be completed. We like the interior color , it really doesnt show up well in the pictures its called bone, its a nice beige color. The 3rd pic is the 2nd floor overlook, thats where the kids will probably be bungee jumping into the living room

This is part of the inlaw section for my Mother, its the kitchen andthe living room is attached. Its one large open room about 18X25

The 2nd pic is the bonus room, which is the kids toy room.

Nice house Jeff, good luck. That house in Rhode Island would be about 800k plus and taxes over 9k per year. But as you have said, it's all relative.

I plan on retiring to myrtle beach one day. I just have to tell my wife.

Nice house Jeff, good luck. That house in Rhode Island would be about 800k plus and taxes over 9k per year. But as you have said, it's all relative.

I plan on retiring to myrtle beach one day. I just have to tell my wife.[/quote

Come on down, You can show me how to pressure wash. Your wife might just like the Redneck Rivera

Jeff do you know what your yearly taxes will be on that home? I built a 4000sqft home here in Florida and just found out what my taxes will be $4600.00 per year. I almost passed out! I never thought it would be that much. I am paying more than anyone on my street which is 2-miles long! Congrats on the home. Very nice! Hugh

Jeff do you know what your yearly taxes will be on that home? I built a 4000sqft home here in Florida and just found out what my taxes will be $4600.00 per year. I almost passed out! I never thought it would be that much. I am paying more than anyone on my street which is 2-miles long! Congrats on the home. Very nice! Hugh

Thanks , its 3700 sq ft and its around 2800.00 taxes

Hey Scott, how you doing, hope all is going great!!!!

Just a little overworked! I've been busier than a one-legged butt-kicker lately, which is a nice problem to have!

August is the busiest month in my life. Besides StainlessDeal, there is my anniversary (Our first!), my sister's anniversary, my wife's birthday, my mother's birthday, another bro-in-law got married, we took a long weekend to tank on a river, and some other distractions along the way. If I ever become the PWKON, I'm going to need a passel of underlings to sleep for me!

Looks like things are really coming along for you, I hope that continues and you get moved in ontime and happily. You gotta love this business!:lgbounces

Just a little overworked! I've been busier than a one-legged butt-kicker lately, which is a nice problem to have!

August is the busiest month in my life. Besides StainlessDeal, there is my anniversary (Our first!), my sister's anniversary, my wife's birthday, my mother's birthday, another bro-in-law got married, we took a long weekend to tank on a river, and some other distractions along the way. If I ever become the PWKON, I'm going to need a passel of underlings to sleep for me!

Looks like things are really coming along for you, I hope that continues and you get moved in ontime and happily. You gotta love this business!:lgbounces

Sounds like you were a busy man. Glad to hear all is well. Take care!!!!!!!!11

JL

A few more weeks and the house will be ready. The builder fired the Constuction Super that was driving me insane. I guess he screwed up things on more houses than just mine. I hate to see someone lose a good job, but this guy aggravated me and screwed to many things up on our house, oh well he's history

There will be some things I'll add after the builder is gone and a few things on my dream list for the future, but we are happy its coming to an end

A ton of touch up left to do a few more shutters, a couple columns , sod, carpet and it will be done YAYYYYYY. We cant wait to move in the newhouse, We are very excited. I just bought all the cabinet handles and towel racks etc. We really like the master bath tile it looks real cool. A friends companY has done all the tile work and will be installing the carpet, saved a ton of $$$ on the flooring.

We are going to have a big bash come early Spring, everybodys invited

We got grass, it make everything look so much better, I hav a lot of landscaping to do now, I left the back 45 ft without sod and i'll seed it myself. Plus thats where my horse shoe pits going and I'm having a freind from Mass come down and he's going to make a real cool outdoor fire place this winter

Wow what a difference with grass, still need a little column at the front door and wrought iron railings and a little trim work. plus Im putting a 6 ft stockade around the back yard (Vinyl) dont want to deal with wood, I just dont kow anybody that knows how to stain a fence lol

Carpet goes in Monday and then it will only be a couple weeks and we move into our home

Very, Very nice Jeff, you should be proud of your new home...congrats.

Thanks we are, its really cool.

Check out the Master Bath it came out real nice we love the tile we picked and they just put in the shower glass and that looks real cool to and its bigger than the tiny shower we have in our old house. Its only 3x4 but a lot better than the 2x3 we had

The 3rd pic is my mothers kitchen on the in law side of the house, she's been staying with us since the baby was born, what a help it is to have an extra set of hands with Baby Jessica

I got so many things I want to do still

Big Spring party next year!!!!