Sign in to follow this  
Washaway

South Florida - Wood Restoration

I've got a very very good client of mine who is interested in having their boat dock cleaned and restored.

I leave wood restoration for the pros (in the 'woody' field), therefore if anybody knows of someone who's interested in the job then respond here or contact me via email.

(The job is in South Florida....Boca Raton to be exact)

!!PROFESSIONAL WOOD RESTORERS ONLY!!

I've got a very very good client of mine who is interested in having their boat dock cleaned and restored.

I leave wood restoration for the pros, therefore if anybody knows of someone who's interested in the job then respond here or contact me via email.

(The job is in South Florida....Boca Raton to be exact)

!!PROFESSIONAL WOOD RESTORERS ONLY!!

where at in south florida im comming down to miami and check my guys to see how much work was done .i have a swabby down there doing parking decks .i go to florida every other week . im me or e-mail me thnx steve i do a lot of boat houses here in lake lanier .sorry didnt see boca raton

Not as easy as it sounds...working over water...

There are EPA laws to consider with this job.

Beth

Hence my professional comment.

Nice to see you guys by the way.....and a belated Thanks Giving. Today's my first visit since September.

Not as easy as it sounds...working over water...

There are EPA laws to consider with this job.

Beth

know what ya mean epa.ive done 26 docks over water this year alone .have to be carefull on what you use .ive got a shied that floats under the dock for this reason.its 8ft 20 ft and its my invention that i use.it catches 90% of what im doing on the dock.

You're in violation of the Clean Water Act.... :(

http://www.epa.gov/

Beth

i wont be in vialation of the water act cause ive done my home work and been checked by epa at times .ive got stuff they said i can use and not have a problem .like i said minimal cleaner .its the same thing the navy uses to clean there boats.appreiate the concern anyhow.in salt water i wait for low tide to clean .

Alrighty then.....
glad to see we can really all get things done lol.well we all are good at what we do .but if you got your ducks in a row there shouldnt be a problem.there are some people who dont do as i do .I always do my homework for inviromonental issues.Save the planet when all possible dont ya think.im all for epa stastics as they state them .in all we all have to abide by these rules or fines and or jail what do ya think.?have a good holiday .im going to destin for 2 weeks of off shore fishing.cant hardly get anyone to go.all i ask is for $200.00 for my fuel .for my boat.it takes 1000 gallons of greasel. just blabing being board.my 2 cents worth.c ya ltr

hi Steve

Do you have any pics of your floating shield in action ?

Could you email me on how to do it and if you don't mind and have the time, give me some advice on how to work on docks, because I know a place over the lake here in Houston where I've been seeing a lot of dock in not to good condition, but never done one ...so any advice will be appreciated

have a nice vacations

Carlos

hi Steve

Could you email me on how to do it and if you don't mind and have the time, give me some advice on how to work on docks, because I know a place over the lake here in Houston where I've been seeing a lot of dock in not to good condition, but never done one ...so any advice will be appreciated

have a nice vacations

Carlos

Im in the process of putting a patend for my deck boat.All im gonna say it"s simplastic .It"s also funcitional .Been using this set up for 2 yrs now.As far as cleaning .I may be able to put you in the right direction.I do on average a few boat docks a year.There all here on lake lanier.I will say one thing is they pay good.Ive also done boat house in destin .My second home per say.

hi Steve

Could you email me on how to do it and if you don't mind and have the time, give me some advice on how to work on docks, because I know a place over the lake here in Houston where I've been seeing a lot of dock in not to good condition, but never done one ...so any advice will be appreciate

Awesome idea on the catch pan.

I have been trying to research regulations and guidelines for NC area, and working through gov. websites is a maze!

Do you have any suggestions for regulations and researching?

I recently purchased a large filtration and vac unit and working to set it up and have it ready to go ASAP.

I realize it may not be the best way to look at the business, but you get really odd looks when you suggest Enviro-cleaning techniques. I have seen one operator local get shut down because of how he was cleaning, and his method not much different than 95% of those in my area.

I am trying to establish more Ecleaning techniques, but find that no-one is willing to pay the upcharge.

Appreciate any help suggestions and comments.

Sincerely

Brent

I dont know a whole lot about epa .although i know what i need to know .i have a relative in washington for regulations and new regs as they come out pertaining to what i do.hes with the epa staff od directors and hes a big help when i need it .i can send ya some books on regs from him .im me for details

Thanks Steve,

I have been to the local DENR website and searched for rules and regs. But get lost trying to find what I need.

I think I need a class or some other type of help to get to the bone!

Awesome idea on the catch pan.

I have been trying to research regulations and guidelines for NC area, and working through gov. websites is a maze!

Do you have any suggestions for regulations and researching?

I recently purchased a large filtration and vac unit and working to set it up and have it ready to go ASAP.

I realize it may not be the best way to look at the business, but you get really odd looks when you suggest Enviro-cleaning techniques. I have seen one operator local get shut down because of how he was cleaning, and his method not much different than 95% of those in my area.

I am trying to establish more Ecleaning techniques, but find that no-one is willing to pay the upcharge.

Appreciate any help suggestions and comments.

Sincerely

Brent

I believe you'll find the added cost is something you will have to eat part of. We have been run off of properties when we mentioned reclaiming.You have to do it to protect your business....so just do it when/where you have to.

Our system is very basic and puts the filtered water into the sanitary sewer.To dump to the sanitary sewer you need to find out what your local water authority requires filtered out. In our case it's heavy sediment,oil and grease.This can be accomplished with oil booms,berms and sump pumps,without spending thousands of $$$.A number of the properites we clean have drywells with sand traps and filtered reclaim water can be dumped there to further satisfy the EPA and water company.

They own the water, it if I keep it on their property they still own it.If you reclaim and transport the water you risk fines for hauling hazardous waste.

Reclaiming or meeting the requirements set forth in the CWA doesn't have to be expensive,it just has to work.Why let someone scare you into buying a system that costs thousands of $$$?

I've seen the comment on this BBS in the past that "berms and sump pumps don't look professional".It's no different than stringing vacuboom segments and it accomplishes the same task.