44 members have voted

1. 1. Will you join UAMCC?

• Yes
    • Will STRONGLY consider it
    • Will consider it
    • Will wait and see
    • Not joining but am not opposed to it either
    • I am opposed to the new org

I think for what it will cost to invest in this organization at the start up, it is a worthwhile donation. I have heard concerns that the organization will be a vendor based -or vendor sponsored-organization. I have no problem with this. I spoke with the president of the new organization on the phone and he was pretty clear and direct that the reason the cost of membership would be relatively low was because point-blank, the cost of running the organization will be underwritten by the vendor sponsors.

If looking at Delco's banner ad or logo on the web site means paying less for membership, I can deal with that. If the vendors want to absorb the cost of educating me about the industry and proper use of the products they sell, great !!

Again, the president of the new org was quite upfront about it being a vendor sponsored organization. There were no hidden requirements to membership, for example spending or using any of the vendors to purchase my supplies.

The bottom line is this... competition is healthy for the industry. The $97 membership investment is, in my opinion, not a bad deal. In all likelihood, I will attend the first convention just to see for myself what it's all about.

It the same makeup as PWNA when PWNA started....

• PWNA was founded by the Hinderliters and Joe Walters and so is the new org
  • PWNA for the majority (until last year I believe) of it's life has been comprised of both vendors and contractors on the BOD - just the way the new org is beginning

It will be interesting to see what happens. Could be a really good thing. Nothing wrong with competition.

Beth

Another Pacifier - Blankey

I dont see a need for another medium where the same people can spend even more time talking about the same ten or twenty things that have been addressed numerous times in all of the forums that already exist.

Just my two cents.

Ray

I always will support any positive advancement of this industry.

The future will only tell the tale.

I’m sure we will see some healthy competition between educational programs.

It will be a battle and could better this for the contractors. We could be the people that will gain from this.

The two organizations may work in different directions. This can also be a benefit to us.

I can only see this as a positive thing; we should all stop abusing the people who try to run these orgs.

I know some are questioning the reasons and why we need another organization. I believe the organizations will not be similar.

CETA is failing and this organization seems it will definitely compete with them more than pwna.

I think it’s a very smart move bring the manufacture and distributor and consumer together.

I will attend the convention based on the vendor participation.

Voted will strongly consider it.

I think forming a new org is good for the industry and will certainly give people a choice to joining an org vs. only having to join one because it is the only org.

I for one think what the ***** represents is positive change for the industry. The feeling I get is that the organization is coming to the industry in the spirit of cooperation. In the past there seems to have been, to some degree, an adversarial attitude in the industry. I hope to see the industry embrace and foster this spirit of cooperation.

Speaking as the owner of ESI, we will be showing our support by participating with a booth at the up coming trade show in May. I look forward to the many networking opportunities and seeing what is new for our industry in 2006.