Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Need Help- Domain Name

I have been on this computer all day marketing, reading about marketing, writing web site copy and now I am brain dead.

I am about to register my domain name for the website and I'm stuck. The obvious ones are taken and I want to stick with a dot com.

I am thinking www.pressureprosinc.com I also tried ppincorporated and that is available too (ppinc is not available)

Any feedback or ideas are appreciated.

I remember now why I didn't go with the hyphenated. The manufacturer Pressure Pro is down in Florida and they use pressure-pro.com. I could add the 's' but I also don't want to be a jerk and cause them problems. What do you guys think?

I am thinking www.pressureprosinc.com I also tried ppincorporated and that is available too (ppinc is not available)

I like the former, the latter (thankfully unavailable) lends itself to too many infantile jokes. Lord knows I'm childish enough to have laughed when I first read it! lol:lgsideway

I can see your point about the manufacturer, you'd hate to be accused of squatting near somebody else's site. I don't guess you'd open a burger joint and call it, "MacArnold's.

Still, it is the name of your business, and you can redirect people that accidentally arrive on your site, whereas, up to now, those people have to continue to search. A bit of a burden maybe for you, but a positive light in which to dispell any misapprehension the manufacturer might have of you being a jerk.

People in your region that are looking for you are as likely to mistakenly arrive at his site and be mystified. People looking for the manufacturer might already be familiar enough with the industry to realize the mistake, and to rectify it themselves. There is a strong likelihood that such a person might know of both of you, whereas local potential customers trying to find your site would probably be surprised and might actually believe you manufacture rigs as well as wash.

Could this post possibly be helpful? I hope so.:)

Ken, I think www.pressureprosinc. is quite appropriate since that is your company name. It's also really considerate of you not to just add the "s", although Scott does make a good point - folks that accidently find them rather than you will see what a "real" pressure washer looks like :)

Celeste

go with the hyphen, its your name......if that seems weird, contact pressure pro and inform them that if you receive emails for them, you'll forward them and vise-versa, could lead to good things.......there are tons of websites and companies out there with the words pressure and pro, or pros, in them, at least your 2 businesses are in the same areas of business, one a contractor and one a supplier of PW'n equip....whats the big deal? It would be sort of a rip off if they were doing the same job as you, especially if you guys were in the same area. but as it is now, its 2 different companies seperated by hundreds of miles that do two different things.....but thats me, Im an idiot

I remember now why I didn't go with the hyphenated. The manufacturer Pressure Pro is down in Florida and they use pressure-pro.com. I could add the 's' but I also don't want to be a jerk and cause them problems. What do you guys think?

You're not being a jerk. If it was an issue for them, they would have spent the $7.95 and registered it also.

Go with the easiest to remember without writing it down. And that means no hyphens and no plural confusion/mismatch. If you are Pressure Pro'S, register pressurepros.com

go with the hyphen, its your name...

Research says only use a hyphen or other devices if it's the only way to get the name that says what you need to say. Think about talking to someone in their car without a pen.

Our website is Double-U, Double-U, Double-U, dot, pressure dash pros, dot com.

<or>

Our site is pressure pros dot com.

Similarly, do you want 1-800-pressure or 1-877-63hoses

Your site is looking good Ken!!! Keep it up. I like the hyphen better than inc added to the end.I'm with phillip though, I would have added the "s". I would still register it if I were you.You may change your mind or if people screw up it can be an alias to your site.

Scott

Phillip, there are tons of very successful businesses out there that have a hyphen in their names.....and if someone is in their car without a pen and you tell them your website, either give them a card or tell them "its pressure pros dot com, with a hyphen".....if they dont get it, cant remember it, cant google it, then maybe they shouldnt be operating a motor vehicle anyway.. :)