Sign in to follow this  
Mike Williamson

Supporting this board

Question

As I'm sure most have noticed, we now have banner ads inserted in the threads. One way to get rid of those is to make a once-a-year donation to get the ads removed from your view.

Another way is to actually take the time to click on the links. As Beth has pointed out, the ads are geared towards the topic in the thread, so you never know what you might find. If you take a few minutes/day to click through on a few of the ad links, that makes money for the board, doesn't matter if you buy anything or not.

The best thing you could do is make a donation AND ask Beth to keep the ads in view so you can still click through on them, but that's just my opinion.

Beth and Rod have given all of us a great place to learn, to share, and to socialize with like-minded people all over the world, and it isn't cheap for them. What's a few bucks out of each of our pockets to help them defray the cost, and to say thanks?

38 answers to this question

TGS.com has been the single most important resource allowing me to start, pay for, and make profitable my new company. Thanks are due to the users of this site for their selfless contributions, and the site owners who give us this excellent medium for discussion.

The least I could do was make a donation to help offset the costs.

Thanks again!

*BUMP!!!*

For many of us who were the first to support this board, it's been about a year! Time to renew!

Of course, this board is free to everyone to enjoy, and there's no requirement to donate anything...It is just a great thing to do, a way to say THANKS to Beth and Rod for all the time and money they've put into starting and maintaining this AWESOME resource that we've all learned so much from.

you can click here to make a donation. You can select $20, $40, $60, $80, or $100.00.

Before you do, ask yourself honestly what's this board worth to you?

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/payments.php

We want to announce that we will be adding a special forum where only TGS Site Supporters will be allowed access. This will be up sometime between tomorrow and the 1st of the year and your access will be set up for you.

Beth

Beth

I see when I went to renew my support for you guys and this board that you now have an automatic renewal on each amount. Is that new? do I need to renew this year and after that its automatic?

Thanks for all your and Robs help over the years.

VR

Howard

Just renewed my support for this great board for 2007. Thanks loads to Beth and Rod for keeping this board up and running for all of us all the while running their own business..

Thanks