Sign in to follow this  
JOgden

Anyone live in Lynchburg, VA?

Question

Hi, I am highly considering moving to Lynchburg from Maine. Here are a few reasons:

• I would like to try another state
  • I really liked the area when I visited
  • More opportunities
  • Closer to my mother
  • I feel it would be easier to meet more people my age there with the same interests

What are you thoughts on the city?

9 answers to this question

Hi, I am highly considering moving to Lynchburg from Maine. Here are a few reasons:

• I would like to try another state
  • I really liked the area when I visited
  • More opportunities
  • Closer to my mother
  • I feel it would be easier to meet more people my age there with the same interests

What are you thoughts on the city?

It would be alot warmer than Bangor:lgcold: . sorry no nothing about Lynchburg, Good luck

JOgden,

Do me a favor? Ride over to Bar Harbor and take some pics and post them in the gallery.My mom was born and raised there and I haven't been back since I was a teenager.I spent 2 weeks every summer there until I was about 14.

The island is one of the most beautiful places on the east coast IMO.

JOgden,

Do me a favor? Ride over to Bar Harbor and take some pics and post them in the gallery.My mom was born and raised there and I haven't been back since I was a teenager.I spent 2 weeks every summer there until I was about 14.

The island is one of the most beautiful places on the east coast IMO.

These were taken in October of this year: http://www.ogden2k.net/photos/Bar_Harbor_Fall_05/

Here's a few more: http://www.ogden2k.net/photos/scenery/

These were taken in October of this year: http://www..net/photos/Bar_Harbor_Fall_05/

Here's a few more: http://www..net/photos/scenery/

Wow those are some great pics, making me miss the Northeast:lgtear: . I even miss the seaweed, I just dont see it here and the rocks, jetty's. Some great pics beautiful!!!

And I choose to relocate to Albuquerque NM.

What lovely pictures, that first one makes me want to pull up and move back there.

Granted never lived in a 4 season state, heck never lived anyplace but CA. except for one year at Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side.

Suppose to be 4 seasons here so can't wait to see the changes. Moved to late for fall change.

Ogden,

I don't live in Lynchburg but do live near Roanoke about an hour west of Lynchburg. I'm assuming that you are looking for computer and tech employmnet rather than power washing correct? If so, I'd look towards the Roanoke and Blacksburg areas. Both of these have bigger populations, Roanoke, and more of the tech type of jobs avaliable, Blacksburg. Carilion Healthcare is one of the regions largest employers and you might be able to start with them looking for oppurtunities.

If you like the outdoors theres plenty to do around here when your not working i.e. hiking, fishing, and whitewater rafting etc..

Let me know if I can get you any more specific information and I'd be glad to do so.

Dewy

Hi Dewy, thanks for the information. You are right, I am looking for tech related jobs. I have heard of Carilion and will look more into them. I am also looking at Centra Health as well, they seem to be focused in the Lynchburg area. I'll check out the amount of jobs in the Roanoke area... That's a nice place as well.