Sign in to follow this  
Limeade

How much pressure is really needed?

Question

6 answers to this question

The only time that I use the full pressure of the pressure washer is when I use the surface cleaner for flat work. When I clean a house I'm using the gpm of my machine, the pressure is around 700 to 1000 psi. The chems are going to do most of the work for you, that is, if you have the right chems to start with. The gpm of your machine is very important as it dictates how fast or how slow you can wash. The higher gpm the faster you can wash, the lower gpm the slower you can wash.

Roger

I think its always a cobination of both Chemical and pressure.

You need good chemicals to speed cleaning up and pressure also.

I will say that results can often be acheive with excessive of either process.

However this is only true with concrete. ( damage can occur if you dont know what your doing)

Using excessive pressure on fragile surfaces is damaged. Awning, homes,decks & other pressure sensitive structures.

Right on Ron. You hit the nail on the head! a combo of both is what it takes just starting out. Later you can up grade to job specific equipment, i.e. hot water unit for this job.... cold water unit for that job, trailer for this or that job. high pressure.... low pressure.

Limeade, if you are in Houston then there are about 5 million people in that area and probably only 300-500 (just guessing) PW companies from there on down to Galveston. Do the one time mailer or advertise in freebie papers and The Chronicle and spend a few bucks and just keep recycling the revenue alotment for your advertising budget. Repitition and getting your name out ther eall the time.

Good to see your Post Mr.Muskgraves. Thanks for your help earlier this year. It paid off and they are starting to know me by my first name!!!!

For washing houses, pressure over 1000psi can be a bad thing. Water can be driven under siding, caulking and trim can be damaged or blown off, and window seals can be compromised.

To properly wash a house, there is no better, or more proper way than to use a quality house wash mix, rinsed with low pressure, at a good volume, say 4.0gpm or higher.