Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Robison

Electric Hose Reels

Question

I am looking into buying some electric hose reels. What brand is good? How much is reasonable for maybe a two reel stack? Can the power be run off the pressure washer battery?

Jeff Robison

Titan Exterior

678-360-2518

14 answers to this question

Hey Jeff I am partial to the Titan brand.I have 2 that have been in service for over a year and I just bought a 3rd. they are stainless and are well built my .02 cents

I use Summit reels and the two that I own have been with me for 3 years now. They're both electric and are capable of holding 300 ft of hose easy...........I think one of them has 350 on it.

They're not stainless so they will rust if you bang the paint up but that of course is partial to how much exposure you have to the elements.

http://www.summithosereels.com/assets/images/sme.jpg

I too have been considering the electric wind option for my reels. My rotator cuffs just can't handle all the manual winding anymore, especially when it's colder outside.

Anyone else have info to share?

I too have been considering the electric wind option for my reels. My rotator cuffs just can't handle all the manual winding anymore, especially when it's colder outside.

Anyone else have info to share?

Tony what is the electric wind option for your reels?? Is this a way to make manual reels electric???

I have those Stainless Steel Eagle Reels that Craig posted and there is no way I would sell them to get the electric reels it would be just to damn Expensive but if I could get an electric option for it this is something I could consider..

John,

I don't see any reason an electric motor option can't be installed. Would need to check with a good distributor of your reels and check.

And I also can't see how it would be cheaper to re-buy them with a motor, those reels are kind of expensive.

I've got the powder coated blue reels from Cox, so I'll have to check with the vendor I purchased them from. (Mark @ Easyclean) I know he'd give straight answers.