Sign in to follow this  
wesley

Every Contractor

Celeste, would you mind sharing on here your results? Iit could benefit more contractors.

I use contractors.com and get about five leads per month. Most of them are painting jobs. They charge $25 apiece. I like being charged per lead if I accept them because I may be getting leads when I am already too busy so I can just reject them.

We were solicited by EveryContractor.com last year. The start up is right at $300 to get listed which includes a written guarantee of 12 qualified leads within the first 12 months. I cannot say that I expected to get leads during the winter, however, we signed up last July....it's now Feb 1st and we've gotten TWO leads, neither of which were qualified to my specification so, I'm expecting a rash of jobs in the next 5 months or a check in my mailbox. If you use this company, or any other prescreened contractor lead provider, my advise is to keep your area tight if you do "small dollar" work, ie housewashes. Be very specific when you list your services - a lot of these companies will combine painting and staining into one category - You must be adamant that you're not a painter (if you don't paint of course).

There is also location to consider - our area is a little backward. I told both EveryContractor as well as Service Magic that our demographic was not going to work with their service. Thusfar I have been correct. You have to consider that if you are simply listed under "pressure washing", you realistically have to confine your service area to one where you don't have to charge any additional fees to make the trip worthwhile. Example....I cannot possibly include Raleigh in my service area for housewashes; it's 60 miles away and I know that there are 2 dozen other pw companies closer. I couldn't do a regular rate housewash that distance away without losing money so I'd have to charge more. Now I paid for a lead or accepted a lead (which goes toward their 12 guarantee) that I KNOW I won't get because the leads also go to other contractors. We also get stuff from Contractor.com (we've stayed on the free program with them) Our leads are $30.00 plus but for the most part, our listing with decks gets us "please build this" type jobs.

Funny this subject came up because when they "sold" me on their program, I promised that if they did as they promised, I'd talk them up like crazy. I'm not impressed at all and will really be surprised if they pull this off in the next 5 months.

Celeste

Yes, Celeste, thank you very much. I agree I get mostly painting leads. A few of the big ones I have taken this winter to keep busy. I had to modify my insurance for the interior work. For the most part, I don't think these services distinguish restoration/cleaning work from the rest of the type of jobs so they are of limited value to us.

Everycontractor.com <--- Rip-off! When they call you....HANG UP! Do NOT get sucked into sending these people money. Where Service Magic charges per lead, these folks sell on not paying per individual lead. When they could not hold up their end of the deal, which was 12 qualified leads in 12 months.....they tried to blame ME for our company's scope of work being too narrow. WHAT A CROCK!!! Anyway, their guarantee comes with a full refund - in writing. After 6 months of calls & emails requesting my well-deserved refund.....still nothing. Hopefully the complaint filed with the BBB will nudge that check along. Will let you know smile.gif

Just don't want to see anybody else get ripped off!

Celeste