Sign in to follow this  
randyrabeaux

new to board hi guys!! HELP TEAK WOOD

Question

10 answers to this question

hey rod, this is on a 26 old boston whaler 17 ft.. the wood is good shape, can i get these two product from you? also me and my boys are doing lawn care business, and i want to branch off to washing homes and doing flat work and decks . iwould like to buy some product from you if possible. i will give you a call soon .please post more info. on teak wood cleaning. what color wood tux would you use?how much is both of these product before shipping? can i apply wood tux with a brush?

thanks

RANDY RABEAUX

Randy,

You're doing the wood topside, not the hull, right? Just want to be sure.

If it's the hull, checl out Akzo Nobel (makers of Sikkens) they make coating for ship hulls that's tough as nails.

Any idea what the square footage is you are covering?

We're using oil based products on wood furniture. There are only a few we will use...

Sikkens Cetol SRD

Cabot Australian Timber Oil for Hardwood (when working on hardwood)

Wood Tux

Be careful. Some furniture comes prefinished and had been dipped or process in products that can be hard to spot. This can lead to problems with compatability, and damage to the furniture even after washing. A good rule of thumb might be if it's not really weathered, leave it alone.

Randy,

If wood has a prior finish, I would say use HD-80 and then brighten with Citralic. You can use he HD-80 at a lower concentration if there is not much stain left. Not knowing what the stain/sealer was on the wood, I can't say EFC-38 would take it off. It's meant to work on oils, but not solids or films. HD-80 works on those.

Beth

teak is very tough.. get on it and get it clean and then oil it with Teak Gold if they want the "original" teak look..if they want it sealed you can change the colors and finish just about ny way you want too..

marine work is about 90% of my income..e-mail if you have any questions on marine work...

searay_cale@cox.net

Randy,

Welcome to the board. As you have seen you will get a variety of responces and we all mean well in helping each other. Make sure you keep us posted as in what you did finally use. We all want to learn different things and I dare say, no one here will hesitate in helping you out.

Again welcome to the Board, and keep us posted.

Reed