Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Racks SS

I'm having some racks & hangers built for my enclosed trailer and a spill pan for under my chemicals. The spill pan will be stainless Steel with a plug to drain it. Question I know stainless will out last regular steel BUT is it corrosion proof

Most of the racks will be steel I'm thinking of having them coated with LineX

I also told the welder to give me a price for Stainless steel on all the racks & hangers, but I think it will cost to much

The spill pan will be stainless Steel with a plug to drain it. Question I know stainless will out last regular steel BUT is it corrosion proof?

NO, SS is not completely corrosion proof, but it is highly resistant to corrosion. Trick is to keep it clean. Here are a couple of links with probably more info than you want to know about stainless steel.

http://www.azom.com/details.asp?ArticleID=1145

http://www.azom.com/details.asp?ArticleID=1182

Are u going to have individual spill pans for each shelf?

No one big pan the width of the trailer & about 2 1/2 ft wide, I'll have a 100 gallon chem tank 12% & a 55 gallon drum with concrete cleaner in pan. Upper shelves will have some extra partsstorage, tool box and a spot for a container w/spicket for gutter cleaner

I wont be getting stainless rack, All the racks I'm getting main racks/shelves and several other hangers & hooks are going to cost under $500 if I wanted SS it would be about $1200, dont want to pay that much

The pan is $215 SS

Cant wait to get it set up.

Next project in the future is a PW 5.6 or more & reel set up over my water tank, so I ca get my portable off the floor

Why not just have Rhino liner or a heavy duty epoxy paint applied to the floor to resist chems?

As for shelves, making them out of treated wood or epoxy coated wood is very cost effective.

I just can't see any payback or particular valid reason to need ss racks, shelves, or floor liners.

My oldest trailer is almost ten years old and has had lots of small spills inside with no ill effects.

Aplus,

Do you have much mold and mildew on properties up North as we do here in GA? I am planning on moving back to South Bend area in May or June and open shop there. I know the season for cleaning will be much shorter up North than here in the South. North= May thru Oct? South- March-Dec.

Does the winters kill mildew spore?

No one big pan the width of the trailer & about 2 1/2 ft wide, I'll have a 100 gallon chem tank 12% & a 55 gallon drum with concrete cleaner in pan. Upper shelves will have some extra partsstorage, tool box and a spot for a container w/spicket for gutter cleaner

I wont be getting stainless rack, All the racks I'm getting main racks/shelves and several other hangers & hooks are going to cost under $500 if I wanted SS it would be about $1200, dont want to pay that much

The pan is $215 SS

Cant wait to get it set up.

Next project in the future is a PW 5.6 or more & reel set up over my water tank, so I ca get my portable off the floor

I am asuming the concrete cleaner is an acid. You don't want the concrete cleaner & the 12% to end up in the same place on the pan. I would make sure you use some sort of divider between the two.

Aplus,

Do you have much mold and mildew on properties up North as we do here in GA? I am planning on moving back to South Bend area in May or June and open shop there. I know the season for cleaning will be much shorter up North than here in the South. North= May thru Oct? South- March-Dec.

Does the winters kill mildew spore?

Normally mold and mildew growth is dormant during the winter months due to the decrease in humidity. That's why you would never see it that much out west because of the dryer climate. Mold and Mildew need moisture to grow and you don't have as much in the winter season.

I am asuming the concrete cleaner is an acid. You don't want the concrete cleaner & the 12% to end up in the same place on the pan. I would make sure you use some sort of divider between the two.

Tom no its not acid, its S. Hydrox product. 12% & muratic I hear you not a good mix, can you say boom sniff dead. Thanks for looking out for me

JL

Why not just have Rhino liner or a heavy duty epoxy paint applied to the floor to resist chems?

As for shelves, making them out of treated wood or epoxy coated wood is very cost effective.

I just can't see any payback or particular valid reason to need ss racks, shelves, or floor liners.

My oldest trailer is almost ten years old and has had lots of small spills inside with no ill effects.

I have epoxy on it now, but showing wear. One of my parttimers spilled 4 gallon of 12% and let it sit for over an hour before the fool told me, it ate up the epoxy some.

I now wish I did Rhino or Line X. I have it in my pick up its the best stuff going for this stuff

Im constantly amazed at the corrosion on everything metalic in my enclosed trailer. even when i havnt had any spills, it seems just the air is corrosive, from filling the chlorine tank.