Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

CAT X-Jet?

I was in Northern Tools this morning (my new temple) and saw what looked like CAT's (as in CAT pumps) version of an X-Jet for $54. Has anyone else seen these or had experience with them. I was holding off on getting an X-Jet but for this price I may go ahead and get one. Picked up my 3700/4 cold water unit today for $700! Clearance unit without hose or gun (hence the visit to N. Tools). 13hp Honda direct drive with an AR pump. Think I got a pretty good deal.

I was in Northern Tools this morning (my new temple) and saw what looked like CAT's (as in CAT pumps) version of an X-Jet for $54. Has anyone else seen these or had experience with them. I was holding off on getting an X-Jet but for this price I may go ahead and get one. Picked up my 3700/4 cold water unit today for $700! Clearance unit without hose or gun (hence the visit to N. Tools). 13hp Honda direct drive with an AR pump. Think I got a pretty good deal.

The Cat nozzle makes a nice paper weight. It doesn't draw as good as an xjet and there is no low pressure nozzle.

Buy the x-jet in the end ya will buy x-jet.like scott said fishing sinker or paper weight.Direct drive is not as good as poly belt or belt drive.deals are sometimes not good .Its the tools that help make life easier.you get what ya pay for.

Ok, I'll pass on the fishing weight. I know that direct isn't as good as belt drive, but this unit isn't a p.o.s. My water supply will be set up so that the pump has plenty of head pressure. I'll upgrade when funds permit.

Direct drive is not as good as poly belt or belt drive.deals are sometimes not good .Its the tools that help make life easier.you get what ya pay for.

I agree belt drives are better, but I disagree that direct drives aren't good. I used a 4gpm direct drive for over 2 years of many, many hours of washing, and never had any problems. Still have it, and it still runs great with the same pump and engine.

Ok, I'll pass on the fishing weight. I know that direct isn't as good as belt drive, but this unit isn't a p.o.s. My water supply will be set up so that the pump has plenty of head pressure. I'll upgrade when funds permit.
your funds will dictate when you can buy a belt drive.later you will end up with a belt drive .good luck .when ya get the belt drive youll never go back to direct drive .its a promise

I'm in agreement with you on the belt drive.

you will be happier with belt drive when ya get it .runs cooler and can use on a water tank so it will pull water easier.for some reason belt drive works better on a water tank then direct drive .my 2 cents worth .maitance is key word for any machine .when ya get a belt drive keep 2 belts with ya .just never know when a belt will break .I change my belts 1 time a year need or not .

Thats a good price. Ive done tons of work for 5 years with my direct drives i bought from Lowes. They look beat now but I use them all the time with very little maintenance.

I like the belt drives, to use off a tank

Good luck with your new machine, now go out there and make some money!!!!!!

JL

Direct drive pumps don't draw well from tanks due to the speed at which they turn (3400 rpm) as opposed to belt drives at 1750 rpm. If you are getting your supply directly from a spigot, you should have no problems...as long as you are getting at least 4 gpm - which happens sometimes, usually from wells.

Hey that's not a bad price at all that you paid. Even afer you add hose and gun. We gotta start somewhere and that's a great unit to start with. Best of luck. Build as you grow. Hey I see you are in Hurst Tx. That's a great little part of the DFW metroplex. Do They still have that 24 hour Don Carters bowling alley right up the road from you? I spent many a moon in that area right around pipeline. I miss the ol H.E.B. area there.

PEACE THROUGH SONIC DISTORTION

Hey that's not a bad price at all that you paid. Even afer you add hose and gun. We gotta start somewhere and that's a great unit to start with. Best of luck. Build as you grow. Hey I see you are in Hurst Tx. That's a great little part of the DFW metroplex. Do They still have that 24 hour Don Carters bowling alley right up the road from you? I spent many a moon in that area right around pipeline. I miss the ol H.E.B. area there.

I live around the Precinct/Pipeline intersection. It is a nice area to live. Older established neighborhoods, good schools and very little crime. My place has over 20 oak trees on the lot. Everyone else's property is the same. Nice in the summer but a PITA in the fall. There is still a bowling alley in the strip mall on Pipeline but I don't know if it's 24hrs. Kinda tucked away in the back of the parking lot. My location is helpfull to sevicing the northern areas of the mid cities and other areas where there has been alot of growth of high end properties. If you haven't been here in awhile you would be stunned at the amount of growth.

I have only been PW in ATL, but never in Texas (YET) but you live in a virtual goldmine area. With the airport right up the road as well and all those freight companies you can clean up in the Truck washing biz. If you ever need any contacts in the port america areas let me know. I used to run freight company in Grapevine and still have alot of friends who have trucking companies. I don't know if you offer that service or not. Not much of an investment for the turnover that you can get.Not to mention all the companies that have sprung up along 26. My wifes mom is the #1 to the Denton county commissioner and is running for Denton county J.P. in march.

I know that you are not in Denton county but I am always happy to do some name dropping for you if it helps. Austin native myself and am looking to start

another branch when I get back home ( big echoe after home) some day.

Best of luck, if you ever need anything, you know where to find me.