Sign in to follow this  
mikew

Suttner Dual Lance Question...

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to change the quick connect in the end of my Suttner Dual Lance wand?? It has a round plastic shield around the quick connect. Can anyone help? I can't seem to get a wrench or socket in there.

Thanks!

Mike

You will probably have to take the whole thing off and replace with the 3/8 q.c.. I have one of their twin turbo wands and it has the large round screw on sleeve that attaches to the wand. Don't really like those kind of connectors but the wand works great. Hope that helps...... and how ya been. It's been a while.

All of my dual lances have the same little plastic gizmo and they have screws to remove them. I just loosen a bit and then slide the sleeve back.

If you do not have any screws, then maybe it just slides back. You may need to clean it up a little if it haas build up on it.

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how to change the quick connect in the end of my Suttner Dual Lance wand?? It has a round plastic shield around the quick connect. Can anyone help? I can't seem to get a wrench or socket in there.

Thanks!

Mike

Yep- take the thing off. We don't have a need for them at all. We then install a QC on both the tips. An X-jet on one and the green on the other. That way we can just switch between the two. Those are just about the only ones we use anyway.

I have one of their twin turbo wands

How do you like the twin over the standard turbo.??? Is it really worth dealing with the hassle to keep something else safe from day to day damage.

How do you like the twin over the standard turbo.??? Is it really worth dealing with the hassle to keep something else safe from day to day damage.

Mostly the dual turbo hangs on the wall.

I have both a single and the dual. The dual is awesome. Especially if you have long strecthes of curbs. It can be angled to cover the top of curb to the bottom in one pass, which allows you to just keep on walking.

I have used it for some concrete chinking as well and it works great.

It's not for every application though.

I think I paid $150.00 or so back in 2005 or 2006 and it is still holding up great. Of course I don't use it everyday, but it is there when I need it.

We use the orbital for blowing out weeds and sand from in between pavers in drives and patios. Probably only about 100,000 sq ft. a year. But enough to think it it may help on 50-70 jobs per.

post-1675-137772261495_thumb.jpg

adrian, where did you get yours for $150? I got mine from Northern Tool in 07 for $289. I absolutely love it. I use it for all brick work, steps and concrete work. I even use to rinse with after cleaning with my surface cleaner. Mine gets a ton of use and has held up great. After my surface cleaner, it's one of my most useful tools and one of my favorites.

adrian, where did you get yours for $150? I got mine from Northern Tool in 07 for $289. I absolutely love it. I use it for all brick work, steps and concrete work. I even use to rinse with after cleaning with my surface cleaner. Mine gets a ton of use and has held up great. After my surface cleaner, it's one of my most useful tools and one of my favorites.

It may have been Northern that I purchased it from.

I was operating out of Atlanta at the time.

Don't get me wrong, I do love it. I just don't use it that much. It does make very short work of whatever it is used on for sure.