Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Concrete Chems

I use Steve Rowletts RPC 2000 concrete cleaner for parking garages. its good product. I get it in 55 gallon kits, its 4 parts 1 powder & 3 liquid 5's It cost $269, plus $20 Hazmat fee and its costing $106 for shipping.

I'm looking for a product that is just as good or better that will cost me less money, the shipping cost is alot. Is there products out there that are just powders that you mix with water, I figure less shipping that way.

What do you all use for garages, oil etc. I xjet it

Any help appreciated, trying to work on the bottom line

Thanks

JL

Jeff,

I have used the Espec Power stroke for about 2 years and it does work well for concrete cleaning and you can adjust the strength, since its a powder.

I usually pretreat heavy oil spots with a liquid sodium hydrox degreaser from a local distributor and I have also added to it with the epsec additive oil buster. The oil buster seems to help emulsify the oils, it not that expensive an additive, but not truely sure it has made that significant an impact on oil spots.

I have also tried F18 MAX and it seem to do a nice job on general concrete, but did not seem to impact the heavy grease and oils I see around restaurants, but have not used a lot of this product.

In addition, I have tried HD80, SH beads and some other brands that I just gave up on, b/c of cost, lack of cleaning etc.

I did notice that when I changed from PS to the F18 MAX or other SH based powders, I think the surface was a little whiter than usual. I am not sure if the change in chem was the result. I had felt,thought whatever,, that after using PS for sometime the surface was yellowing.....but not positive.

Jarrod, Since you use PS could you add any observations from your point of view.

I also was looking for a cheaper alternative, so I went with caustid liquid(25%), downstreaming it. It worked decent but needed to be stronger for restaurant grease that I do frequently. I am going to get 50% caustic liquid next time and see how that does. Anybody know of anything that can be added to the mix for increasing its effectiveness? Caustic liquid is very cheap(sodium hydrox) when bought raw.

I don't do much commercial work that requires heavy grease removal, but on the few restaurnants that I do clean I use Pressuretek's F-18 and have had excellent results and that's with using cold water, so I'm sure with the hot it would be quite bit easier.

After re-reading my previous post, it did not come out the way I intended.

The overall results I had with both HD80 and F18 MAX were good, as both seemed to brighten the concrete more than what i was normally using.

I will definitly revisit F18 MAX as I would prefer to carry powder based chems, rather than liquid.

There are a couple of factors to consider when trying to analyze cost and effectiveness of chemicals that most seem to take for given. That is concentration of the chemical, dwell time, hot or cold cleaning.

We do a lot of gas stations and have been using F18 max. It works well as long as you dilute it right and let it dwell properly. We apply it with a Femco and use hot water with our surface cleaners. It doesn't remove the heavy oil stains, but does a good job lightening them up. We've also tried Super Flash from Zep. It's cheaper and comes in a powder form. It has worked great on residential concrete, but sub-par on commercial applications.