Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

Parts for Big Guy

My spray bar on my Big Guy is locking up. I can free it by manually turning it, but I know it will lock up for good soon. I guess I need a new rotary head or (swivel). I found 1 site that sells'em for $299.00! Holy crap! Does anyone know where I can get this part cheaper? BTW, the site is http://www.cmcpwe.com/whisperwashparts.html

Maybe it's a good price, I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

Jarrod, I think those are rebuiildable and they sell a kit for rebuild.

Scott, nice site for swivels.. I marked that one. Hope I don't need it any time soon, but never know. Good Luck Jarrod

Jarrod,

I have purchased a swivel from them for a surface cleaner I am putting togather. Seem like good people, If you want to call them I can get there number for you.

Doug

Seems silly that they do not have their phone number on their site. What is the big secret.

I use Mosmatic Carbide swivels that take some serious abuse and still run like new. You can get them from Bab at Pressure Tek and they were less than what that site is charging the last time I got one.

Best part is that Bob is very knowledgeable and you can get him on the phone just about every time you call.

Those bearings are standard size. Pull apart the swivel and go to your local NAPA store. If they dont have them in stock they can have them fast. Or go to mcmastercarr.com. If you need a seal kit there less than $50.00.

Jarrod, take the bearings out. You will have to knock them off a small shaft, be careful not to damage anything. Once you get them off, clean them up and you will see a number on the side of the bearing. Take them to a local bearing distributor and he will look at the number and for about $46 a piece you will up and running in no time. Rebuild kits from the surface cleaner manufactures are such ripoffs.