Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Chiplock

Favorite House was Mixtures

Question

Well with the season beginning for most people, I just wanted to see what everyone is using in their house wash mixtures and techniques. I know this has been a past topic but not recently. In a 5 gallon bucket i mix:

2 parts emulsifier plus or limonene

1.5 parts bleach

.5 part cascade as a rinse agent

1 part water

I mix the solution and use my m5 x-jet to wash. I can normally tackle an average 2 story house in under 2 hours. I have just purchased Powerhouse from sunbrite and I am going to try this out. Anyone using it now??? How do you like it?? I alter my mixture with bleach and water depending on mold/mildew and other challenges. It seems to be working pretty well.

Jon Chiplock

The Pressure's On

Butler, PA

36 answers to this question

I am gonna try Limonene this year. So I take it you like it right? Does it really need those added ingredients or is it fine without them?

I use and like emulsifer plus as well. Currently, using my downstreamer, I use about 1g. to 1 1/2g of emulsifer plus mixed with chlorine to top off a 5g bucket. With the x-jet I use about the same ratio, emulsifer:chlorine, but further dilluted.

When downstreaming how can you shoot to higher areas?? Extension wand?

You can get much higher using a downstreamer than you can using an X-Jet. On a 5.5 gpm machine using 00300 nozzle and a 6 ft wand I have no problem getting 50 ft.

When downstreaming how can you shoot to higher areas?? Extension wand?

Nozzles. I've been applying chems long range using 0040, 0540, and many others. I rinse with 0010, 0015, 0515, etc.

I use power house and it has been great on many applications.

fwiw; I use 3-1/2 gallons of water in my mix to start with and add my chems to that. The remaining gallon consists of all the other ingredients while 6-7%bleach amounts to about a 1/3-1/2 gallon of the remaining gallon.

I don't mix very strong because of the power house. It has the alkalinity range to do most of the work and since it is so concentrated it goes a long way.

Rod!~

I use 1/2 gallon of Steve's citracleen 1 to 1 1/2 gallons of 12% and a few ounces of Steve's wet wax, foamer, and rinse aid and the rest of the bucket full of water. I x-jet with no proportioner, I do a good sized house in a couple hours. I love the way this mix makes the vinyl have a luster to it and windows don't spot.

I use 1/2 gallon of Steve's citracleen 1 to 1 1/2 gallons of 12% and a few ounces of Steve's wet wax, foamer, and rinse aid and the rest of the bucket full of water. I x-jet with no proportioner, I do a good sized house in a couple hours. I love the way this mix makes the vinyl have a luster to it and windows don't spot.

I use to use Eplus but changed to the Steves citracleen and the mix above there really is no comparison in the two the citracleen works better for me.

I am running a 3.8 gmp machine, what type of nozzle should I use to shoot chemicals in that fashion. When downstreaming, I thought that you had to use chem injection nozzles which were low pressure that would draw chem into the line... I have only used the xjet so i am new to this. Thanks for your help.

I also have been using citracleen for the past year and have been pleased with its results, but always looking for new products to try if anyone has tried citracleen and think they have found something that works MORE BETTERER.

I have always Xjetted my solution which consists of 1gal citracleen, 1 to 2 gallons 12% chlorine, a dash of dawn and a dash of water softener in a 6 gallon bucket topped off with some high quality h20.

Two gallons of bleach, cup of soap, cup of wax and three gallons of water........works great-I've washed over 100 homes with this mixture.

Cost about $3.50 for a 5 gallon bucket...........

is the bleach necessary in any mix. I know eplus and others claim to remove mold and mildew alone. I hate bleach, that is why i ask, nasty stuff. Does anyone know of a bleach free cleaner that is effective

is the bleach necessary in any mix. I know eplus and others claim to remove mold and mildew alone.

Key word remove. You need to kill the mold, Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach) is the only thing that will kill mold and remove it.

is the bleach necessary in any mix. I know eplus and others claim to remove mold and mildew alone. I hate bleach, that is why i ask, nasty stuff. Does anyone know of a bleach free cleaner that is effective

Why do you hate bleach? Bleach is a wonderful chemical, that for a very reasonable price per g., offers, hands down, the best results for removing/killing/ destroying/ dismembering/etc. any pesky, unwanted green, and maybe furry, stuff.

Sodium Hypochlorite is not that bad, and not that dificult to use. Usually when someone shows a dislike for the idea of using this wonderful chem as part of their chemical arsonel, it's likely due to a lack of experience, or knowledge of how to use it safely and correctly. Try it, I garauntee you wont look back.

Two gallons of bleach, cup of soap, cup of wax and three gallons of water........works great-I've washed over 100 homes with this mixture.

Cost about $3.50 for a 5 gallon bucket...........

2.5G of chlorine will run me $3.50 alone!

What type of homes are you washing that you need wax?

Siding, right?

Why do you hate bleach? Bleach is a wonderful chemical, that for a very reasonable price per g., offers, hands down, the best results for removing/killing/ destroying/ dismembering/etc. any pesky, unwanted green, and maybe furry, stuff.

Sodium Hypochlorite is not that bad, and not that dificult to use. Usually when someone shows a dislike for the idea of using this wonderful chem as part of their chemical arsonel, it's likely due to a lack of experience, or knowledge of how to use it safely and correctly. Try it, I garauntee you wont look back.

I have to agree with the above. For the first 1.5 years I avoided 12% as if it was a disease. Truth is that I had no experience with it and was scared. Now my trailer will never leave HQ without a few containers of 12% onboard. It's replaced my American Express......I won't leave home without it.