Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

The power of a phone call

You know I'm always saying call, fax, write, WELL are you doing it?

Yesterday I made 8 or 9 calls, a couple were to PM companies I looked up on the super pages and there were web sites with names of PM's, Ive called, faxed and written them before several times with no responses. The calls didnt take more more than 20 minutes total

I left messages on their voice mail, something Like ..... Hi Im ---- of ------ ----- just calling to see if you have any properties you'd like us to look at for pressure washing, we do from homes to high rises and everything in between. We would be glad to look at any project and give you a proposal. Just thought Id call and see if I could help you. Thank you and heres my #--- ---

Guess what I got a callfrom one today, they want me to look at 3 pool areas at a residential neighborhood COOL , the foot is in the door

Several of the other calls I made yesterday was to PM's Ive worked for in the past. One PM I have done 2 jobs for, one job was 5, 2 story condos and the other is a $600 pool deck, concrete and pool house. Well she also called me and said she hasnt got OK for pool deck job yet, but we will be doing it. She asked me if I remembered the 5 buildings we did over a year ago, I said sure. She said could you give proposal again there are now 9 buildings completed. No problem will get back to her COOL!!!! 1 minute later she called back andsaid she forgot to mention that they need a proposal on a 4 STORY parking garage TOTALLY COOL.

WELL ARE YOU CALLING ????.........It works, I bet I get more calls, sometimes thes PM's have so much going on they just dont think of everything and you or I calling actually helps them.

Ive been doing calls like these for 3 years + and it pays off eventually if not immediately. You have to get your name out there.

:lgsideway

JL

He sure is, If only I had half that motivation. Currently, I'm still trying to decide wether I want to be rich one day, or kick back a bit more, and not be rich. I don't think I could ever be wealthy because money doesn't interest me that much.

FullBlast

have youvisited and office with out and appointment?

I don't get what you mean? You mean just walk in and try to sell your service? Sure I've done that. Is that good or bad?? Not for sure what you are getting at.

Well, if you done that before? You should know the response you could get. I shouldn’t need to explain. All that have done multiply visits without and appointment know.

I do it but I would give advice how to handle this. It could be like sending someone in a lions den.

Maybe your misunderstanding we are talking about professional people, not GM’s of particular locations. We are talking about PM’s.

I highly suggest cold calling a restaurant or grocery store. This property management is a completely different animal. I call on them when I can. If you have cold called PM’s you will know that 99% of the offices have no soliciting signs on the doors.

Knowing this we still often go anyway, but I take gifts if I’m going and leave them. We hope this gets them to either call me or take my call. My selection on predetermining I’m going to cold call would depend on some variables. (portfolio) the main one.

Ron **********

Maybe I worded that wrong. We were talking about calling and I meant that sometime to actually speak with someone on the phone or hear your voice on the machine may be better than just something in the mail.

I was not thinking of just walking in.

But yes I have just walked in already and I have been ran off, so yes I think I know what you mean.