• 35%
    • 30%
    • 25%
    • 20%
    • 15%
    • 10%
    • I don't make money. I do it for fun.

Question

I am conducting a poll on everyone's profitability. We are running by percentage to help establish a baseline. So, why don't we say it is the income you declared on your taxes, divided by your gross profits.

If you did do something like buy a truck where the whole thing was deducted at one time, then add that into your taxable income, less one years allowance.

For Example:

Gross 250,000

Taxable income 80000

New truck, Fully deducted 40,000

5 year life 8,000

Net income reduction 32,000

so the equation is,

112,000/250,000= .44 or 44%

For Obvious reasons, I do not want dollar figures. Some of us have really good years, and some bad.

We will also break it down in 5% increments.

12 answers to this question

Curious that everyone wants to know what others profitability is, yet, want post their own numbers.

For what it is worth, this is a blind poll, so no one can see what you answered.

Scott

You want what on my book sales?

Are you NUTS?

Ron does what for the kids, spend money or make money:)

IRS, nothing to hate about them, nothing to love about them and in the end they will get their money one way or another so HIDE it good. Split it between a few offshore accounts as they now have access to some of them.

Okay Jon,

You are getting really Random, so back away from the computer very slowly. The voices you hear are not real....Uhm...If you can hear them...

I'm still waiting for the 35% you promised me.

Curious that everyone wants to know what others profitability is, yet, want post their own numbers.

For what it is worth, this is a blind poll, so no one can see what you answered.

Scott

I haven't posted my numbers yet because I don't know yet...doing taxes this week, so I'll post mine by the weekend.

I don't want numbers, just percentages.

And, nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Yep, agreed. Lucky for me I was hospitalized all last week with pneumonia, and have all this week at home learning to breathe again. :) Taxes are scheduled for Wednesday!

Scott I have worked 18 months in the last 36 months. The 4 years before that I was sick all the time.

I lost a couple of a hundred thousand dollars easy. Not one missed paymant or bankrupt. Of those 18 months I did 20 grand a month.

This year is the first year in 4 without surgery going into PC season. Survivial with a reputation is very difficult in our biz. So far so good. It pay's to have a great body and face !!! LOL , 5 fooot one 300 pounds. No pimples!!

My profit is 2 more months of work and a bonus of one month!