Sign in to follow this  
kyle

winter time work

Question

What does evryone do for work when its below freezing?

I live in northwest Illinois where it gets below zero.

What kind of work can you do. I assume staing decks and even house washing is out of the question.

Beth talked about washing boats that were cacked with ice.

Im sure this is few and far between.

I look forward to any respones.

34 answers to this question

Guest rfitz

Dineyland or Disneyworld, whichever is located in Orlando is offering a special right now I may book, for february, it is 3 nites 4 days, in disney direct flight and 3 day passes for 3 for $2100 total, Im not sure is this a good deal, ?

or can I do better booking myself..?

3 day passes, $200.00 or so each, maybe a hair less. Figure $600 total for the park. Depending on which hotel you're booking, it can be a good deal or not...If you're in one of the standard park hotels, you can do much better staying outside the park. You can easily find hotels for under $50/night. If you're in one of the resorts like the Dolphin or the Swan, those rooms go for $250.00/night on up. The upside to staying IN the park is that you don't have to deal with all the traffic and time-loss in getting in and out of the park every day.

It is DisneyWorld that's in Orlando. There are several different Disney Parks to choose from, enough to fill up a week if you like theme parks.

It also depends on what you can book the airfare from St. Louis to Orlando for yourself.

Just a tidbit on Marathon:

They are getting ready to start a lottery for selling what is called affordable housing. The homes in discussion are Pritm Singh's Overseas Village. To qualify for this lottery (remember affordable housing) a single person's income can earn no more than $47,000 and it goes up from there for a family of 2, 3, topping out at about $74,000.

The starting homes are 1 bedroom, 1 bath and start at $120,000.

They also offer 2 bedroom, and 3 bedroom homes.

Try to sell a few of these in East St. Louis, across the river from St. Louis.

We do house washes and flatwork as the weather permits, but continue painting year round. We usually have enough interior work to last through the winter, although december and january are always slow months. Unless we have new construction, most homeowners don't want the mess of having a painter in their house around the holidays, and are usually letting their bank account recover after the holidays.