Sign in to follow this  
fireandrain

Can Someone Describe What Downstreaming Is?? Thanks!

Question

Hi Guys,

Another basic question, but im having a helluva time getting a definition on the board... I have a 3600PSI cold / 4GPM unit w/ a chem siphon (not sure what ratio...not quite sure how to find out..) Anyways, when i apply my detergents for flat surface cleaning I usually mix a concentrate in a 5gal pale and use the chem siphon to attain my H20 mixture...

Is this "downstreaming"?

If not, could someone be kind enough to educate me? Thanks Again!

Matt

11 answers to this question

yea, that is downstreaming (as Alan said, I also assume your using a soap tip (the black one) to allow the injector to draw the chems)....... 4gpm with a 3600psi pump, my guess would be your ratio is 12:1....

hope this helps

Thanks guys.

So, if my unit is giving me a 12:1 ratio, it would make sense that I would need to fill my 5gal. pale w/ straight bleach/soap/tsp,etc... and NOT with any water? I know everyones cleaning 'concoctions' will vary, but for general non-wood flatowrk where removal of mildew/moss/agae/gen. soil is desired would that mixture make sense?

Before learning more about detergents, I use to mix the 5gal. pale with bleach AND water!... Seemed like a pretty tame mix though...

And is there any procedure for cleaning out my chem siphon after use? Say, using my black soap tip with straight soap and/OR straight H20?

Thanks!