Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

Any Hendrix Fans?

Question

Any Hendrix fans? This is probably a shot in the dark, but I'm a little desperate and about out of options. I'm looking for a copy of an album by Jimi Hendrix Called "Early Instrumentals" released in 1992 (compilation).

I used to have this on cassette about 10 years ago and absolutely loved it, but unfortunately my cassette player in my car finally decided to eat it. I've recently been on a search to find a another copy (hopefully on CD or MP3) to replace it. I've called/visited every local music store in my area and have spent hours searching the Internet with no luck. It's almost like it never existed, as there's not a single copy available anywhere, and barely any mention of it anywhere on the Internet.

If anyone either has a copy of this, or knows where I can buy one, I would be indebted to you. Now that I've got the ball rollin, I'm starting to really jones for it. Help!!!

4 answers to this question

Hey Lance,

Try a joint called Henry's memories in Dallas Texas, (Irving).

I sold them a Hendrix autograph for 2000.00 back in the early 90's .

This guy had every hendrix import available. But you will pay.

No promises that he will have it,or that they are still actually there, but he will at least point you in the right direction. OR..... Waterloo records in Austin Texas will have it or get it for you. Again very pricey. Austin is still a big Hendrix town, because it all ties in with the classic and current greats. Hendrix= S.R.Vaughn = Eric Johnson= Van Welks, you get the idea..

Then there is always e-bay, unless you've been there. If I am not mistaken, that was an album with band of gypsies with Billy Cox on most of the bass work. I have an entire wall dedicated to JH in my studio downstairs including flaming torches.

Do a search for the 2 places I gave you , they might have 800 #'s.

I have to run or I would do the search for you. There is also a place called Lincoln's in Sheffield England that you may stand a better chance of finding it. Again.... you will pay through the nose.

Good luck. If you do find it I would love for you to burn me a copy.

Nothing On ' I " tunes. I have some budies that may have some stuff I'll check. I hate not having some of my old cassettes. I had an awesome Eric Johnson- Great Fulldead live tape. Now POOP! Great new CD JOHN MAYER TRIO.

Thanks guys. Adrian, sounds like some good leads, the only thing is, I would rather find someone that has transfered it to digital media, and maybe cleaned it up a little, but of course beggers can't be choosers.

I do have a few leads, one guy who has the cassette who's willing to copy it to another cassette for me, and another guy who appears to have it in mp3 format, but I haven't heard back from him yet. If all I can find is cassette, that might not be such a bad thing because I can always look around and find someone who does sound work and have it cleaned up and transfered to digital format.

I do appreciate both of you for trying to help.