Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Being positive

Question

I've realized recently that I have been pissing & moaning a lot and just not being positive in some of my posting, Ive been complaining about, gas prices, the goverment, illegal immergrants etc.. One of m workers the other day said to me man you just been negative lately, I do some of the same pissing & maoning about stuff that I have on this BB lately, that made me think.

I have a great life lots of goods things happening and my biz is going well, I get stressed and I dont like a lot of things that are happening in the country, but I wont fix them by complaining. So I apologize for being negative recently and Im going to change my attitude on this board and in everyday life.

Life is good, sometime you just have to remember that

Everyone have a GREAT day!!!!!:lgbounces

JL

9 answers to this question

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know the feeling of getting worked up more and more until all I do is complain.

If I'm lucky, my wife or one of my friends will say something, or even better, I'll hear myself. That's when I remember how good I have it: Two years ago last April 25, I didn't know if I'd ever walk or use my right arm again. I couldn't shower,or even use the bathroom without assistance.

Now I have a small business, a house, and a wife that loves me. I can do whatever I wish to, as long as I do what I must first. I love the life my Lord has granted me, and I'm happy doing well with it.

What more could I ask for? I spent the first 17 years of my working life doing very rough, physical work that parted me from the ones I loved. When not doing the actual job, I was constantly battling for some cause. That also took me all over the US and cost me plenty physically and mentally.

Now, it seems as though NOT EVERYTHING has to be a battle. I'm still passionate, but now I've learned to leaven that passion with a bit more compassion and faith that others mean well and the knowledge that I won't always be right.

As a VERY wise soul always reminds me:

LIFE IS GOOD!

Have a good one Jeff, you still inspire people here!:lgwave:

Thanks guys

Im going back to pissing & Moaning WHY? I just had 4 new tires put on 2 weeks ago and as my guys were driving to the next job today, they saw one of my tires pass the on a main road, yup the whole damn tire fell off, while pulling trailer. The shop didnt tighten lugs, the service guys from one of their other shops came and put lugs on and got it to shop, smashed up rear 1/4 and ground down the drum, no one was hurt. I'll be pissing & moaning at the tire center, they said the tech is no longer with them and insurance will take care of it

I got a friend lending me his truck to tow my trailer Cool

Just another day. MY DAMN TIRE JUST FELL OFF can you believe it

Everyone have a good one

JL

It's natural Jeff we all do it. One thing I had to learn the hard way is gratitude is what makes a person content. Nobody can achieve inner peace until they are grateful for what they have and what has been given them. I often forget to thank God every morning and every night and when I forget it often that is when I become a miserable pain-in-the azz. Thanks for reminding me of that, Jeff.

Got a ticket for running a red light yesterday. Split second decision-either slam the brakes or run. I picked the stupid decision. especially since I had nowhere to be. Im also having a verry slow spring, very disconcerting.

BUT- I have a loving wife, good kids, God has provided well and Im happy. I keep telling myself how good I have it. Especially when I look at others. Ever been to a prayer meeting when your feeling sorry for yourself?? God has a good sense of when to send you to those things, to see the problems others have. Make you want to tuck your piddly little prayer request away real quick.

Love God, Love your Family, Love Life.

Just another day. MY DAMN TIRE JUST FELL OFF can you believe it

Have you ever heard that comedian from Texas ranting about Sears and how his tire fell off? That would definitely make you feel better. A good laugh can cure a lot of things.

:)

I hear you on the tires Jeff,

I had a tire shread on me theother week at 4 AM after working about 28 hrs straight! I had never had to use the jack in my truck and could not find it for about 30minutes of looking through the manual. I know it is hilarious now, but at the time I was cusing a blue streak.

So I find the jack, but can't get to it! The seat is locked and I have to unload my truck to get behind the seat. Finally get it out and it looks like a Tonka Toy version of a jack.

Find the spare and drop it....no problem.

Getting the cap off of the tire (one of thos plastic deals) that was alomost RIPPED OFF b/c of no sleep and ill as a hornet by now.

So I finally get under the truck, set the jack and try to raise the truck with this TONKA TOY thingy.......It doesn't go high enough!!!

Just about this time the Highway Patrol pulls up and scares teh !@#$%^& out of me, as I think I am about to be run over by a car on I40.

I'm raisng all H_LLL under the truck.

Then I realize just how funny this has got to be from his perspective and sit back and we both have a good laugh. I might even wind up on one of those cops shows where the show the video of "The Idiot that can't change a tire at 4AM"

Bottom line: Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself and know that things are really better than they may appear at that moment!!!!!