Sign in to follow this  
Barry M

First downstreamed house pics

Question

As I've stated in past posts I'm a hardcore xjet user when doing houses. But I've had a few problems with reaching 2 story and especially 3 story peaks in the wind, and I also get sick of dragging a chem hose and bucket around the house. Also with all these xjet vs downstream posts lately, hey I got curious.

First off I want to thank Dan Stapleton here on the board for a very educational phone call. Dan told me the in and outs of downstreaming and helped me with what to buy and how to get started. Dan is new to the boards but has been in the biz over 10 years and has alot to offer. Thanks Dan.

My new chem injector and tips arrived today so I went and did this single story home to try it out.

post-826-137772156423_thumb.jpg

post-826-137772156428_thumb.jpg

31 answers to this question

Gosh, I didn't mean to start another one of "these" threads. I know there will always be two sides to it and that there will be hardcore xjetters and hardcore downstreamers when it comes to doing houses, but I'm an open minded person and I wanted to learn both ways. I don't bash one or the other, both ways work and always will. What really got me curious about downstreaming houses is that most of the veterens do it, they started out doing it, tried the xjet for houses, and most of them are going back to downstreaming, so I asked myself why? I wanted to see for myself. Well I am pretty confident, once I get my tips figured out and practice on a couple more houses, that downstreaming is faster and more efficent for most house washes than xjetting. Don't knock one or the other until you've tried it both ways.

Theres no problem Barry, like Mike & Lance said. What ever works best for the individual. I never put down downstreaming because Ive never really done it. I just state what works for me. I do so many complexes and have to run so many feet of hose and need to pump that chem on fast every single day that I just stay with my xjet for now. Im the old story of its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Hell I hooked up a chem injector a few weeks ago and couldnt even get it to draw so I gave up. Maybe one of these days I'll get one of these downstreaming guys or you to come set me up the right way and I may convert, until then its the hose & bucket routine and on to the next complex.

JL

I'm sooooooooo glad I just ordered a XJet M5 last week and another one yesterday. (Sarcasm) Oh well, honestly, I really like the X Jet for houses. I have a big condo job coming up in 2 weeks. I figured using the X Jet would make things easier. I washed some big houses this week with the X Jet M5 and was really impressed. I have never downstreamed a house yet.

Note - do not wash painted shudders with the M5 set at 0 deg. Even if they are on the 2 story. I'll bet someone here can say why.

Note - do not wash painted shudders with the M5 set at 0 deg. Even if they are on the 2 story. I'll bet someone here can say why.

Is it because you end up "signing" those shutters with nice curvy lines?