Sign in to follow this  
Neil_Asheville

Glossary

sorry if someone's offended. i sure wasn't speaking about someone's sexual preference. it had a real feminine look for something that really should be more masculine. can something not be labeled 'gay' anymore without prejudice? perhaps Parisianly Peppy would have been better. LOL.

It made me want to dance and chant cleaning mantras. I was offended that you used the word pretty gay. Whatsa matta, you prejudice against ugly gays? Or did you mean rather gay, which offends a different part of my politically correct hard line. I need to know which so I know which way to direct my anger over this appaling word choice.Why do I have a feeling this post is either headed for some slash and burn editing or seven pages of ranting?

Neil: The term "pretty gay" could be offensive to someone, don't you think?

If you are from the west coast or New York City, possibly.

Very touchy-feely for contractors, how about a new thread, "lets bash Hillary Clinton?". Now that would be fun...

In the glossary it states that TSP is a water softener. We all know that hard water does not clean quite as well as soft water. My question is, can this be added to house wash mixes to soften the water and clean more effectively (ecspecially glass that sometimes gets water spots from the hard water? Just curious if anyone knows for a fact if it works or not.

If I had a bias or motive I’d have put it in the Club House! It was used as a slang term...is this not obvious!?! My slang must be different that what’s accepted in CA? That’s why I don’t live in CA. Asheville has taken on the nickname “Sheville”, our official Chamber of Commerce 2006 tourism slogan is “Asheville – any way you like it”, and it’s my less-than-straight friends I have here that have not a single problem with who they are. The humor I find is it’s the heteros that are usually the PC ones.

As for the direction of the thread…hopefully it ends with a pH of 7 with a high “solubility”. ;)

/neil

I was going to let you know that you are starting to sound as bad as the Canadians,always worrying about offending someone. But I won't, in case it offends someone.

a ph of 7 with a high "solubility"

Beth,

Quote:

how about a new thread, "lets bash Hillary Clinton?". Now that would be fun...

No bashing allowed, period.

Beth

Wow. Is our former first lady a member or visitor to this site? Are politial and fun stuff allowed in the Club House? Sorry, kind of feel like a little kid in the corner, waiting for a spanking.