Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

When a plan comes together

Question

I Love it!!

Went to do a estimate on some brick pavers, concrete & paint removal.

Guy was from my home state Mass and we talked for quite a while, real nice guy the PM for large condo tower. Told him Id get back to him on price. Just called him told him $800 , over the phone he said " you can do it for under $1500" I said did you hear me? He said ya he only has $1500 in the budget

TOTALLY COOL GUY Love it when a plan comes together. Sometimes the small talk pays off.

I also asked him about his 5 story parking garage he said give him a price he'll put it in his budget for the fall COOL

They just did 12 million in renovations so I guess he doesnt mind spending

Just wanted to share how small talk can pay off. Unreal got to love PWing

JL

5 answers to this question

Good job. Maybe it is time to explore raising your prices? That type of thing happens only a few times in a lifetime of giving estimates. Sir, here is my quote.No good. I like you. I will pay double.

Good job. Maybe it is time to explore raising your prices? That type of thing happens only a few times in a lifetime of giving estimates. Sir, here is my quote.No good. I like you. I will pay double.

The rate was good, The guy just liked talking to another guy from Mass and this was a referall .

JL

I wish all my customers would say double my quote

Well Mr. PM man, I'm about to give some of your methods a try. I put together a mailing list and contact info on around 100 PM's in the Jax. area. About 40% are residential PM's and the other 60% are B2B. I'm just trying to figure out how to go about it. Maybe mail to 20 or so at a time? I'm a little afraid of being overwhelmed.

Well Mr. PM man, I'm about to give some of your methods a try. I put together a mailing list and contact info on around 100 PM's in the Jax. area. About 40% are residential PM's and the other 60% are B2B. I'm just trying to figure out how to go about it. Maybe mail to 20 or so at a time? I'm a little afraid of being overwhelmed.

You ever get overwhelmed, I'm just an hour and a half away, and I can usually adjust my schedule around if need be.

Great!!! good luck with it all. It can be a long slow process, get some kind of mailing, phone call, donuts whatever in their hands every 2-4 months and you'll get some calls sooner or later

A list of 100 thats great!!!! Try 30, 60, 100 then mix it up over the next year or 2. Overwhelmed maybe , maybe not. One good PM or PM company can bring you 10's of thousands of $$$$. in the next month I have $11,000 worth of gutter cleaning and its from 1 PM company it will take 2-3 guys about 8 days to do. These PM's are my money and can be yours

Keep us posted how it goes & dont forget when you do get one job ask them for another and a referall

I'm excited for you I want to know and watch how it goes for you over the next year or 2, persistance pays off

Good luck

JL