Sign in to follow this  
Neil_Asheville

an oh s**t moment...

Question

13 answers to this question

Krud Kutter works on my trucks paint and windows :cool:

Neil could you see some paint on your rag? :D

Xylene is mean stuff cause it will take the paint right off of gutters like it did yesterday!

I can vouch for Krud Kutter.

Three days after purchasing my first new truck, a 2003 Blazer ZR2, (Black), I impatiently passed the orange county truck painting stipes on the road.

When I got to work I was horrified to see that my tires had picked up the bright yellow traffic paint a flung it from one end of the truck to the other. It looked like I went through a bright yellow mud puddle!

I worked for Painters Supply at the time, and all the guys in auto kept bringing out stuff that would not even touch it.

I finally went inside my store and got a bottle of Krud Kutter, too it right off! Didnt even leave a smudge.

Although it took me about 6 hours to get it all off, and I still have yellow dots in the tire wells.

I dont pass paint trucks anymore, and I swear by Krud Kutter!

Shane - Wazz happ'nin! Strippin' down in Tejas, huh? Easy on those gutters. Thanks Rambo. Good to know KK worked for you. I do have some that I'll try tonight. I tested a small spot with xylene last night and rinsed well. Doesn't seem to have hurt the enamel finish at all. It might look like bondo when i get home tonight. I'd rather use KK if it works. Might actually get to use the buffing pad that came with the Makita. Here's anotha little discovery....don't use the prepackaged red shop rags with spirits. They fade and you'll have pink on your white composite porch supports. Having fun yet!

I don't know whether this is fortunate or not but the Pacifica is my WIFE'S car. Yup. Believe it or not I took the time this past weekend to clean and stain my front porch and back deck. Turned out real sharp. Pictures soon.

I had never seen overspray travel 35 feet. Learning as we go....!

cheers,

/neil

The cloud of doom will surprise you in its voracity for travel. Be very careful with Krud Kutter. I would take it to a detail shop and have them buff it out. Anything that will remove the sealer is going to remove the clear coat. I'm not a fleet guy but having cars I meticulously detailed over the years I think you are better with a fine abrasive.

....I'm with Ken, I'd buff the car, much safer. On windshields, I use laquer thinner for "worst case scenarios", and straight Simple Green for everything else. Remember, if you ever get something on a vehicle, the only way they'll ever know is from the oil residue when it rains and they turn on wipers. Clean the glass, you'll never have a complaint.

Ken. The clear coat seems intact in the small front 1/4 spot I tested. Feels smooth to the touch, like after a good waxing. What will a detailer do? Is it a special chem or compound used along with an electric buffer?

/neil

3M Microfinishing Compound to buff it and 3M Hand Glaze to restore the shine. Been there done that... :) Stuffs not cheap though.

Greg

EFC-38 will take off overspray from a vehicle. It will need waxing afterwards but it will do the job, just don't let it dry on the windows.

Also, use a 4" scraper blade on the windows and windshields to get the stain off. Works like a charm.

Rod!~