Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

Call Backs

Question

Hey,

Just wanted to share some recent call backs. I have recieved about 5 call backs in the past 2 weeks from very happy customers. The compliments I recieve actually make me blush. I have had nothing but very happy customers and I am actually worried on how I will take the first unhappy customer.

The most recent was today. A gentleman asked me about 35 questions before he agreed to let me do the job. He then just called to rave about how great his house and gutters look. He went on to tell me that the last house he owned was power washed and the person doing it killed flowers, streaked his windows, fogged a window and left pressure marks in his wood siding. All of these things I avoided and he was very impressed.

The calls like this are very rewarding and really make me proud of how much I have been able to learn and achieve in just a few months. Thru the use of this website and a little trial and error, I have accomplished a confident attitude when washing and selling.

The future looks good. Actually looking to make a few changes. I am thinking about buying a flat bed pick up to mount my equipment so I can hire a friend to do some work when I am not able to. Pay him and turn a profit.

Just wanted to share my good call backs with you all and thank you all again for all the help you have given me. This forum has helped me tremedously and without it, I am not sure where my business would be.

8 answers to this question

Mike,

Congrats on the call backs from your happy customers.

Build on the momentum that you have going. Don't push the business too fast in all of your excitement. Manage the growth.

Keep the customer service and quality of work in the forefront of everything you do and the opportunities will be endless for you.

Keep up the good work!!

Congratulations Mike. It comes as no surprise to me that you are receiving such positive feedback from your customers. You obviously set out to start-up a successfull business paying particular attention to equipment, techniques and most important, customer satisfaction. It's success stories such as yours and many others like you here at TGS that inspire me to press onward with my PW biz.

With that said, when can I come down to RI and see for myself what great work you do? You see, you are becoming an Icon here at the TGS. LOL.

As far as the flat bed truck. I worked (Labor for Knowledge) for several days with a guy on Cape Cod. He said he has tried all the various set-ups i.e., pickup trucks,open trailers, enclosed box types. He said the flat bed is the most efficient set-up for his needs. Let me tell ya, this guy could fly! His quality was not up to my standards, yet very fast.

Mike,

Congrats on the call backs from your happy customers.

Build on the momentum that you have going. Don't push the business too fast in all of your excitement. Manage the growth.

Keep the customer service and quality of work in the forefront of everything you do and the opportunities will be endless for you.

Keep up the good work!!

WHEN YOU CANT BE THERE WORK SUFFERS I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS. TRY TO AT LEAST SUPERVISE

Thanks everyone.

I think a flatbed is the way to go. No trailer to hook up and try backing down long driveways. The only problem is I can only afford an older truck right now, I want to avoid a payment until the rest of my equipment is paid off. I am looking at a 1988 ford f 360 with a 12 x 7 bed, dually. Great shape and it runs good. Only $1500. But if the truck brakes down, I am out of service.

I agree that work suffers if I am not there. The person who would work for me is a close friend from the fire department that also lives down the road. I trust him more than anyone. He also has triplets at home. I would probably spend this summer showing him what I have learned and then see what happens,.

I don't think I am pushing it to fast. No major commintments, My buddy knows his work load would be dependent upon demand.

Ron, If you are serious about coming down, that is fine with me. I have only been doing it a few months but feel as though I have learned so much. The toughest part of this job is the detergents. So many out there with so many mixed reviews from everyone. The best thing I have learned as far as that is to just get sample packs and see for yourself. Just like I did with downstreaming vs. x jet. Downstreaming is for me.

Thanks agian. Mike

I will agree that flatbeds are a great way to go for efficiency. You just can't beat not having to work through doors, but...

What are your winter plans? I moved my equipment off a flatbed trailer pretty quick, and went for a stepvan because of the ease of dealing with winter weather. I also like the neatness afforded by being able to close doors on any mess, there are always those times when something arises and cleanup isn't as neat as I'd like.

I'm looking for a larger stepvan or box truck right now, as mine is beginning to be too small. I'm still considering a flatbed setup, but winterizing everything, or dragging it indoors, is not something I look forward to when I remember how nice it was to just plug in a small electric heater.

That is a pretty decent price for that old Ford, and having it serviced regularly will probably keep you out of trouble for quite a while. I have a friend that has a similar rig he is debating selling this next month, and he says he has had several offers near $3000. Remember, though, this is an old work truck: It will need some attention. Check out www.truckpaper.com , it has been a great resource for me whether I've been looking for equipment, or just looking for the market info I need to approach a seller or set a price.

I have also considered having one of my buddies run my equipment on his days off, so I could get some time off. I trust this guy with my life, so the equipment is easy to let him at. We haven't actually done this yet, but this year may be the time to train him up for it.

Hey scott,

Thanks for the insight on the flat bed. I have a friend who owns a landscaping business and rents me a section of his garage for my trailer that the flatbed would also fit in. I don't have any accounts yet, I havn't tried to hard either, so I don't think I will be doing much washing this winter. Season will probably dry up from Nov thru March. At which point I hope to be plowing.

As for cleaing up I can usually do it in about 8 minutes, I have timed it. The bed is nice and low to which makes it easy.

It is nice to have a close friend to trust. Some time off and still making money sounds so nice.

It is nice to have a close friend to trust. Some time off and still making money sounds so nice.

Just be careful hiring friends, even very very good friends that you trust completely. This type of situation has ruined more than one friendship (I know from personal experience!)

If you do go this route, just make sure EVERYTHING is spelled out very very clearly in extreme detail as far as what's expected of each of you, etc.

Thanks for the advise MIke. I am the very up front, this is how it is going to be type. So is he. I am confident that if I got that route to hire him, we will be fine. It will probably only be a day or two a week for a few months, nothing crazy.

Thanks again.