Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Would you attend a Grime Scene Round Table event?

How certain are you that you would or would not attend a TGS Round table event?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How certain are you that you would or would not attend a TGS Round table event?

• 100% - I will be there
    • 90% - I will be there
    • 80% - I will be there
    • 70% - I will be there
    • 50/50 - Might be there, might not, can't tell yet
    • Will not attend

Question

This one is pretty straight forward folks...would you be likely to attend a TGS Round table event?

It would be on a weekend. We would have speakers. We would have vendors. Cost would be nominal, and expenses are your own.

Please vote! We are planning this event to happen, but we need your feedback!

Beth

25 answers to this question

I view this as a super opportunity for "just learning" guys and gals such as myself. I look forward to meeting and interacting with seasoned professionals from the full spectrum of the industry. Vendors, Associations, Man (person) on the street. Drive On TGS roundtable!!

Well one thing I will say, is that I hope that there is someone attending the event from each of the associations. I think it would be good for anyone attending to be able to meet folks from these associations and get information in an atmosphere that feels neutral to them. I have had the pleasure of meeting the leaders of various orgs and I can tell you they are hard working business men and women just like we all are, and there is much to learn from them. Join or not, that's up to you. But learning and helping your business to grow involves being open minded and willing to hear new ideas, suggestions, ways of working and points of view even if they differ from our own. Our wish for this event is that it helps us all grow and learn together as professionals and it makes all of us more successful.

Off my soapbox...

Beth

I hope you come Jim! We were hoping to meet you at Tom's last round table...

It has been pouring here as well. Flooding, ruined cars, flooded and runined homes...I have never seen it this bad here from just rain alone. Usually we get tornadoes or the end of a hurricane. Hope you guys dry out up there real soon!

Beth

Beth is this going to be my all expense paid vacation to meet you and Rod again?

And all the other guys n gals?????

Hope your home is safe and dry.

And speaking of rain and flooding, just send your floods to us since starting July 1 we are on tight water restrictions and fines.

I think one of the dates considered was the weekend of October 28th. If there isn't already somewhere on this bb maybe a poll should be taken on whats the best date that would work for most.

We are planning on the weekend of Oct. 28th.

Those who are on the committee have all agreed on this date for several reasons:

1. farther in to the season it is the easier it is for us all to get away and attend
  2. earier in the month PWNA is already holding another event and we do not want a conflict
  3. the weekend we have chosen should have fun things to do regardless of the location since it is right before Halloween
  4. several years ago there was an event held in NJ on the same weekend that had record attendance, which suggest is is a good time of year to break away from working on a saturday and join an event

Beth :cup: :groovy3:

With the tough year on Rod with the banged up leg thats probably still healing(Us 40+ year olds seem to take forever to heal) Maybe a winter date is a possibility. For now I'm targeting Tom Vogels Roundtable on November 19th to be marked off as the must place to be on my schedule.....Oh yea my left knee is just starting to feel like its healed..I think I hurt it somehow not to long ago...like last winter...

Yep....I'm sure we will do a winter event. Rod's leg did have a large part in the decision. He's got a clean bill of health now, but it was a rough end of summer and early fall...

We'll be at Tom's as well. Should be fun!

Beth