Sign in to follow this  
barryg33

delco training school

Question

14 answers to this question

I would suggest maybe hooking up with someone on this site and learn from them, called labor for learning. I found out that delcos training school was 1. to far and 2. too expensive for me, so put out a call and see what ya get . call if you need help.

thanks jeff....i was thinking the same thing too far and too much $. i'm in alabama so if anyone is near or at least close i would take them up on the offer.

We attended the PWNA convention and went to the wood school and it has been worth it to us. The class is structured, and all the materials are outlined and you follow the coursework in a logical way. If you are working in the filed hands on is great, don't get me wrong, but it's easier to miss things. I think both are actually very important in their own ways.

Do you want your kids to go to college? Will you tell them education is important? Well, it should be to you, for the same reasons. Your future.

Beth

We attended the PWNA convention and went to the wood school and it has been worth it to us. The class is structured, and all the materials are outlined and you follow the coursework in a logical way. If you are working in the filed hands on is great, don't get me wrong, but it's easier to miss things. I think both are actually very important in their own ways.

Do you want your kids to go to college? Will you tell them education is important? Well, it should be to you, for the same reasons. Your future.

Beth

Excellent point!

I would say that it depends on what you're looking to learn. KEC, wood, yes. Housewashing, not necessarily. I think Sunbrite has a housewashing class coming up that would be good, if you were within reasonable driving distance, since it is only $39.00 I believe.

I went. It was worth it for me. After attending it took 12 short months before I hit 6 figures. If anything, meeting professionals in the business who really know the laws and cleaning procedures is priceless. Whenever I have a serious question it's nice to know I can call someone who most likely knows the answer. You can also use that little sheet of paper that says you've completed their "school" to your advantage. How many people in your area have gone to "school" for pressure washing? Who would YOU hire?

I went. It was worth it for me. After attending it took 12 short months before I hit 6 figures. If anything, meeting professionals in the business who really know the laws and cleaning procedures is priceless. Whenever I have a serious question it's nice to know I can call someone who most likely knows the answer. You can also use that little sheet of paper that says you've completed their "school" to your advantage. How many people in your area have gone to "school" for pressure washing? Who would YOU hire?

Very nice! Congrats. Im considering going somewhat soon when i start my business plus take the marketing course.

School for Hoods Yes, School for Wood Yes, Flatwork...if you have money to burn go ahead.

My school has been clean parks in the neighborhood, happy driveways, and some spots that need to be repainted now at the house. Video training from texas dudes.....hit mute button you'll be ok.

Labor for training...best way to go I think.

Jason,

I have to agree with you that their videos are buried in my back yard. But... I also got training in Hood cleaning (good to see how it's done), building washing (over two stories), flatwork, machinery repair, laws and reg's, proper reclaim and systems to use, AWNING CLEANING-HUGE PROFITS, and tons of start up advertising flyers and other useful things.

Labor for learning should be second, once the groundwork and structure is laid out and planned. It's great to be a technician, but if you don't know how to work ON your business rather than IN your business you will "OWN" a job for your lifetime.

Hey Jim- It was a pleasure to have you aboard! Thanks for the props, but I will not forget where I got my start. Delco was a bit expensive but they are a huge resource and I respect them very much.

There is always more then one way to skin a cat. Good luck. I do believe in training and would like to attend a 9 thousand dollar school, but I think there are other avenues of approach. I do not know how expensive them cowboys are but for me it made more sense to invest that money on reliable and necessary equipment. If this guy has the bread and wants to go then I wish him all the success in the world. However if he is just checking to See if he likes the business, I say hook up with an active contractor who is legitimate and sweat along side him in the field for a week he'll learn a thing or two.

Good luck the schools are out there, if that is your desire to attend more power to you. I hope it contributes positively to your successful business.

Hey Jason, If I recall well, pressure in spanish is spelled "presion" with an "s", Just in case you're getting printed materials dont get a typo!!!

Good Luck en La Isla del Encanto...

Rick Arrese

Mobile Appearance Reconditioning Svc.

Austell, GA.

404-550-0219

Hey Jason, If I recall well, pressure in spanish is spelled "presion" with an "s", Just in case you're getting printed materials dont get a typo!!!

Good Luck en La Isla del Encanto...

Rick Arrese

Mobile Appearance Reconditioning Svc.

Austell, GA.

404-550-0219

DOH!!!! Your Right....you had me scared I went out and checked the lettering on the trailer Phew I got it right there.lol!!