Sign in to follow this  
Aplus

Xjet vs. Vjet (knockoff)

I decided to start a thread where we could compare the xjet against other competitors.

The reason I decided to do this, is because I think the xjet is too darn expensive at $159. I have included some photos, below, where I compare it against a model called the Vjet, which cost about $40.

Both models are constructed of similar metal, and both have a threaded tip to allow 1/4 meg soap nozzles to be installed. These nozzles can vary in both pattern, as well as volume.

In the pictures below, I am running them wide open, with no nozzle installed.

The important thing to me is what is the best chemical to water ratio you can recieve with each?? I have both also and if I remember the x-jet you can go almost 1-1 and the other is more like 7-1. I think I bought the other one at Envirospec for about $40.

Guest rfitz

Since I do alot of decks with my Xjet, the other Vjet wouldnt work for me,

I spend more in chems using the xjet, but the Vjet, you couldnt do at all,

I can usually lay down the stripper or cleaner on a 1000 sq ft deck in about

15 minutes, and the same for briteners, wash it in about 1-2 hours, then briten, pack up and go to next one, so the xjet pays for itself on the first deck job.. same for houses, average 2000 sq ft house with gutters averages $300

and takes about 1.5 hours, X-jet makes it go much quicker...

So John, you're saying at 7:1 the V-Jet is throwing up more chems? Am I reading you right? Anyone know why the difference is so great between the two? Wouldn't it be 7 parts water to 1 part chem???

Hey Rob, have you used the V-Jet?

Beth

Guest rfitz

No, I think 7-1 is alot less than 2-1, 7 parts water 1 part chems for Vjet,

and 2 parts water to 1 part water chem, so Xjet is throwing alot more chems

It seems to me that you could make a unit with a bigger venturi draw tube and meter it to control the amount of chems to suit each individual application.

The venturi effect that siphons the chems is not a difficult effect to achieve.

i recieved the new m5 xjet the other day and i am very happy with it (the adjustable fan nozzle is a lifesaver)

i have been using the v-jet (ex-simpson) injector for four years until simpson stopped making them,which coincedently just reached distributors shelves the other day,i was paying $90 for the one you referr to as v jet i would like to know where you found them for $40?

Yes the X-jet can shoot out Chemicals to water 1-1

Where as the other one the best it can do is shoot out 1 part Chemical to 7 parts water so another words 1(Chemical) to 7(water). I need the stonger on which is the x-jet because I usually shoot out around 4-1 with my mixes.

I hope this makes it clearer.

John:

Yes, the XJ can draw at a 1:1 ratio, but only if you're running at 2.5 GPM. For a 5GPM machine, running wide open, your best draw rate will be 2:1. My 5.6gmp draws at roughly 2.2:1

I'm not sure if the new XJ draws at a higher rate. I've heard that from one person, but haven't heard or seen anything from the manufacturer or distributors.

OK,

Here is what I have know about the vjet....

Mine came from Sherwin Williams about 7-8 years ago. I think it was made by Simpson, who also sold nice belt drive power washers. I can't remember the exact price, but I know it was less than $50 including tax....maybe like $43.95 or so.

I know for certain the vjet draws way better than 7-1. The reason I know is that I just got done washing 11 huge apartment buildings, and I alternated between the two for comparison purposes. The buildings had lots of green mildew growing, and I was using a pretty stiff concentration of chlorine to combat that issue.

I don't wear a watch when I wash, and I didn't time the two, but I know that each model drained a six gallon pail very quickly, and I used the same amount of mix on each building regardless of which injector I was using.

Using an unscientific approach, I can say that both injectors have roughly the same diameter, both have 3/8" hoses, and the tiny hole inside that creates the pressure is the same size, about the same as a regular paper clip.

I don't use injectors for applying deck chems, I prefer my pump cart setup because I can precisely control the strength of each mix exactly how I want it. Plus I have far better control of the spray pattern and velocity.

What I have attempted to do here is start some dialog on the various injectors that are available and discuss the results people have had.

So I guess I will have to say.....If you haven't used different types of injectors personally, and verified the results, then your opinion is just that.....an opinion.

I've tried lots of different brand chems throughout the years, even tried mixing my own brews, but I've got to the point where I've sorted thru the hyperbole and gotten right down to what works well and what doesn't. Don't believe everything you hear/read about who makes what, that does this and that. Test for yourself.

Then decide how much of your hard earned money you want to give away.

My .02.

Guest rfitz

Tony, with all the products out there, have you ever tried Barlox, ? it is a super surfactant, and I am very impressed with it, I just started trying it in the last week or so, very economical, and works with either X-jet or downstream..

Guest rfitz

Im not sure, I think $27-$28 a gallon, but for example, you only put 4.5 oz to every gallon of chlorine, So, I am getting about 10 housewashes with 1 gallon of barlox and 25 gallons of chlorine, so my cost per house is under $10.00

and that includes fuel....average housewash =$325.00 average time to clean=2.75 hours, and getting alot of compliments and referrals, so something is working...?

I remember a guy around here saying that he had been using That V-jet for like ten years. How long has the X-jet been around?

And I'm glad this thread got started. I wish there were more threads where people are putting the products they use to the test and posting the results. And in like this case comparing to products apples to apples to see which is the best value.

I can only compair the xjet and the m5. I just picked up the m5 this week. (I didn't put my xjet away properly and it fell off the trailer :() The adjustable spray is great but I would have to say it has nowhere near the range of the original xjet. Probably like 5 or more feet less. The draw rate is definately greater too. I went through almost 15 gallons of wash on the first house I used it with then I changed it to the 1/4" line I had from the old one. I know the draw rate isn't that good with the 1/4" but I'd rather have to spray chems longer than waist them. I'll probably experiment with the 3/8" line and the proportioners when I get time.

my2 cents

The x jet is nice for certain applications, but if you mix you chem correctly you don't need it at all. I can't say for decks because I use a shurflo to put the chem on straight. But for houses, a good chem, a half gallon of chloring and however else you want to mix it, a ball valve, which can throw chem twenty feet, or a 0 degree #40 tip to throw higher, and an adams downstreamer will give you a 5-1 draw rate through 300 ft of hp hose, at least I get that with a 5 gpm machine. Most houses I wash are anywhere from 300 to 450. After I started using this system, It hasn't taken me over an hour to wash a house, no matter the size. The chem I use has about a 5 minute max dwell time and also cleans the gutters very nicely so as soon as I soap, I rinse. Start to finish, an hour max. Give it a try, you will never use an x jet to wash a house again.