Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

I salute YOU

Question

I've seen and read a lot of you guys who have or are going fulltime this year and I salute you. Many have been laid off or fired, some just couldn't stand there old jobs and quit, some have been working on going into PWing fulltime for years. No matter the reason you went fulltime its a big and sometimes very scary thing to do and we all support you and wsh the very best to all of you.

I hope everyone of you that truly want this and will work very hard at this will get what your looking for. If your in it to make money whether you want just a one man operation or crews of men or something in between, I hope you get it

I remember when I went fulltime. I had some money to cover my bills for a couple years, back then I had no kids and not to many bills, but I was scared. Then the kids stated coming and I wanted the best for my wife, kids and me. I wondered, will I, can I, make a comfortable living at PWing. I worried what if I have a bad few months, I wondered what if I screwed something up, I wondered and wondered, wondered. Till this day i still worry at times because I want this so bad, I want to be a respected & reliable, trusted contractor. I feel I am all that and I know many who are on this BB and other BB's that deserve to be successful PW contractors

For those of you that went fulltime this year, work hard and keep thinking of ways to better your business and yourself and I'm sure many of you will have great success. It may not happen overnight , it may take 2, 3, 4, 5 years to be where you want to be in this biz and you may never be rich doing it, but its better than working for someone else

Like AC/DC says "For those about to ROCK, I Salute you"

We are all behind you. I may not be the best or smartest PW contractor, but if any of you ever need a little help or need a question answered or anyting call me or email me. I always willing to help someone

Good luck to you fulltimers!!!!!!:lgbounces

10 answers to this question

Wow...having been recently forced into full time myself, I REALLY appreciate the support Jeff. This website has been such an inspiration to me and my family as we dive into this new venture. It IS scary, especially with kids, mortgage, etc, etc., but it is so wonderful to have a resource like the Grime Scene backing me up in times of need. So I thank YOU and all of the other pros on here for helping to guide me and folks like me!

Yeah, me too, Ditto what Jeff said. Hard to add anything to that note of encouragment, but my info is there if anyone needs help as well.

Pay it forward , all that good stuff. What you learn here is shaping the industry. Ask away and it will all come together for you. Work hard, don't give up or compromise your business plan, get insurance, and let your brain be sponge when you are on this site.

...... I love my XJET

Thanks Jeff, for the supportive post and for all your help with everything. Thanks Beth and Rod for a great BB too, don't know where I'd be without it. Thanks to all for posting and sharing info with me, I am truely grateful.

Yeah, me too, Ditto what Jeff said. Hard to add anything to that note of encouragment, but my info is there if anyone needs help as well.

Pay it forward , all that good stuff. What you learn here is shaping the industry. Ask away and it will all come together for you. Work hard, don't give up or compromise your business plan, get insurance, and let your brain be sponge when you are on this site.

...... I love my XJET

I like that "Pay it forward" good movie and a good way to live

Good luck all

I also dont know where I would be if it wasnt for great people like everyone here. I just wish I didnt have the time to be on here so much. :)

I will be glad when the next four weeks are over. I am tired of being super slow. All my marketing I did got me zilch. Kind of frustrated. I did get one call from my yellow pages ad today and got a job. So there is most of my weekly money I need in that one job.

Thanks for such a great board. I really appreciate everyones help.

Thanks Jeff,Price shoppers have really been bringing me down lately. I was considering changing my company name to palmetto estimates,got another one tommorow morning(fingers crossed)Its always nice to get a little pep talk.

Thanks Jeff,Price shoppers have really been bringing me down lately. I was considering changing my company name to palmetto estimates,got another one tommorow morning(fingers crossed)Its always nice to get a little pep talk.

The pep talk is nice, especially during slow times for some of us. I have 2 commercial bids out but you know how long those things take to develope. The only calls I'm getting lately are people wanting to sell me an old PWer or dudes looking for a job.

An excellent and inspirational thread. :)

Nothing to add, except this is the stuff I love to see.

We all help each other here folks, we help each other become sucessful and realize our dreams.

Many hands (and minds) make easy the work!!

Beth

p.s. the new TGS logo pretty much says it all ;)