Sign in to follow this  
Roger Oakley

My Latest Deck (UK)

Question

Heres is the deck I have been talking to Shane and Rick about.

Washed it today, leaving to dry over night and if dry enough will start sealing tomorrow, with Cabot's ATO (Natural)

These are the before's, and it's an American style deck NO ridges !!!!

post-1658-137772162245_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772162249_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772162254_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I'm surprised Rick is letting you go with ATO. Your product choice must be limited. For what it's worth, your moisture content will not be low enough by tommorow to use the ATO. You may end up with extractive bleeding and your finish is going to turn black. I'd either get a moisture meter or wait more like three days.

I'm surprised Rick is letting you go with ATO. Your product choice must be limited. For what it's worth, your moisture content will not be low enough by tommorow to use the ATO. You may end up with extractive bleeding and your finish is going to turn black. I'd either get a moisture meter or wait more like three days.

Ken,

Product's choice over here are not as extensive as the States, plus this is the owners choice, it what it was finished in originally, We have had excessive tempretures over here lately in the high 80s-90s most days for about a month, but guess what it is now raining so today looks like it's cancelled. Will wait the three days if no more rain.

Thanks Ken. :sunshine:

Alright Roger!

You practically had to reinvent the wheel to obtain any products over the pond. Making your own strippers, cleaners, and brighteners is difficult and a testament to your tenacity and dedication. Congratulations, you may well be the premier wood restorer in the U.K.!

I think your job looks great. Though not a fan of Aussie Oil, it is probably the best stain you can get over there. Please do not ask how to formulate stains! Seriously, with proper preparation of the wood surface, most oil based stains will do just fine.

Keep at it. Now that you have the chemicals and a bit of experience, the sky is the limit! If you need references, refer them to the Grime Scene.