Sign in to follow this  
Neil_Asheville

Two thumbs up for Talladega Nights!

Question

Reagan and I had a date night last night. Wings, bucket of cold beer, and Talladega Nights at the movies. We were howling the entire movie. Even if you aren't a Will Ferrell fan or have any shred of connection to southern rednecks and NASCAR, you'll still laugh your ass off!

/neil

15 answers to this question

Neil,

...sorry to interrupt, but your wife/girlfriend's name is "Reagan"?!?!? WOW! That is awesome!! I imagine she is too old to have been named after the President, but was she named after RR, the actor?? If I ever have a child, I'm going to name them, "Cheney", boy or girl.:)

Movie: That's funny, my bro went and saw it, walked out half-way. Huge Farrell fan too. My dad also hated it. We aren't southerners/nascar'ers....would that make a difference??

Wasn't the girl from The Exorcist (Linda Blair's character) named Reagan?

Movies are so subjective. Last night I watched the director's cut of The Hills Have Eyes and thought it was awesome. Told my brother-in law about it and th first thing he said was "You actually liked that movie"?

Ken we kid all the time about the Exorcist. And yes, that's where her mom got Reagan...pregnant and reading the Exorcist. That's funny ain't it! Her head can do that freakish spin thing when she gets ill at me! Jon, it is a great name. She hated it in school age, but is wearing it a bit more proudly these days.

I can't imagine a Farrell fan walking out on this one. This is the stuff he does best, not the dramas or quirky roles he's been in. I'm not even a huge fan of his, never connected much with SNL skits, didn't really care for Anchorman. Was Bewitched really a movie? This one, though, probably from how well they spoofed the southern / midwest stereotype is a classic in my book.

“I like to picture Jesus with angel wings. And he’s singing lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd.”

/neil

"Hills have Eyes"...isn't that Horror?? I may check it out. Don't really like scary stuff. Especially hate creepy stuff. Watched an episode of HBO's "Carnivale" and I still have nightmares. Clowns [shiver].

...Now if you want to rent something good, get the first season of "PrisonBreak". Literally, I stayed up until 5am three nights this week watching it. Unbelievably good. Like, "24" good.

"Hills have Eyes"...isn't that Horror?? I may check it out. Don't really like scary stuff. Especially hate creepy stuff. Watched an episode of HBO's "Carnivale" and I still have nightmares. Clowns [shiver].

Coulrophobia is perfectly normal. I think that people who aren't creeped out by clowns are weird.

Have you seen this site?

http://www.ihateclowns.com/

Scott,

Yeah, I was just interested if they named her "Reagan" after his acting accomplishments as opposed to his political accomplishments.

You guys ever see, "IT" by Stephen King?? That clown had fangs. And lived in the drains.

Scott,

Yeah, I was just interested if they named her "Reagan" after his acting accomplishments as opposed to his political accomplishments.

You guys ever see, "IT" by Stephen King?? That clown had fangs. And lived in the drains.

"They all float down here"