Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Has anyone seen Lynrd Skynrd/38 Special tour?

Question

17 answers to this question

Got tickets for the October show up here (I must be a southerner at heart) and wondered if these two bands still have it?

Ive seen them about a dozen times , but not in the last 5 years, Im sure if you like their music , you'll love the concert. Enjoy, good old southern rock classics never die.

We may as well take this thread off post. Best concerts you've ever been to?

Mine are:

1976: I was eight and my uncle took me to see Kiss (I remember the drumset was a big cannon)

1976: Deep Purple: Seeing Ritchie Blackmore was akin to seeing God

1982: Metallica/ Wasp/ Armored Saint (Venue was small and I don't remember if Metallica even headlined or not)

1985: Twisted Sister/ DIO: There is a video of this and you can see me with long hair and holding a huge banner..also during "The Last In Line" where Ronnie sings.. we are cominnnnnngg... hoooome There is a knucklehead that whistles incredibly long and loud. That was me.

1986: Motley Crue: Tommy had the rotating drum cage.. incredible

There are tons more I have seen everyone from Yes to Jethro Tull to the Who to Megadeath. I love music. I haven't been to a concert in years. I can't believe how much tickets are. I remember getting third row U2 tickets for $20.

Mine are:

1976: I was eight and my uncle took me to see Kiss (I remember the drumset was a big cannon)

1982: Metallica/ Wasp/ Armored Saint (Venue was small and I don't remember if Metallica even headlined or not)

1985: Twisted Sister/ DIO: There is a video of this and you can see me with long hair and holding a huge banner..also during "The Last In Line" where Ronnie sings.. we are cominnnnnngg... hoooome There is a knucklehead that whistles incredibly long and loud. That was me.

Sorry about your thread, man. My bad. As far as I am concerned, you had a legendary 15seconds of fame if that is true about the Dio concert, LOL. Now if you tell me you were one of the guys in a Crue video holding a girl on your shoulders that is flashing the cameras, you may as well be on VH1:) I remember the rotating drumcage, during the 'Wildside" video. Tommy's skinny arms flailing like a madman as he sailed above the crowd.

#1 of all time is The Pogues- Peace and Love tour

Bad Brains- Quickness tour

U2- Joshua Tree tour

Southern Culture on the Skids- Liquored Up and Lacquered Down tour

#1 of all time is The Pogues- Peace and Love tour

Bad Brains- Quickness tour

U2- Joshua Tree tour

Southern Culture on the Skids- Liquored Up and Lacquered Down tour

Yeah Thad,

....Those all would have rounded out my top #10 as well, LOL:)

U2 was a whole expeience in itself. I remember the crowd singing Sunday Bloody Sunday for like ten minutes after the last encore.. the lights were on and the band was probably halfway to their hotel and they had to come back for one last tune.

I know I can't have a complete day until I have my dose of The Pogues and S.C.O.T.S. (or getting liquored up and lacquered down)

I mean, do I live in a cave or something????? Of course, I know U2, but Pogues, SCOT, Bad Brains, Coitus and Cohen (whoever that group Thad always talks about).....I've never heard of any of these.

U2 was a whole expeience in itself. I remember the crowd singing Sunday Bloody Sunday for like ten minutes after the last encore.. the lights were on and the band was probably halfway to their hotel and they had to come back for one last tune.

At the one I went to it was "40".

"How lonnnnng to sing this sonnnnnnnng?"

I know I can't have a complete day until I have my dose of The Pogues and S.C.O.T.S. (or getting liquored up and lacquered down)

Well, you missed your chance with the Pogues. Shane will never make it back out on the road. Poor bugger.

I first saw SCOTS in '91. Newly married, wife wanted to see Extreme the same night that some guys I knew (Zoo something- can't remember, but Dave was a cool guy who put on a good show) were opening for a band called Southern Culture on the Skids who was on their second trip through town.

We went to Extreme, I fell asleep and wife woke me up a couple of songs after 'More Than Words'. Said, 'This sucks, let's try your band.'

We went to The Pub Down Under (it was under a restaurant called the Wagon Wheel) and got front and center for Dave and his band and then SCOTS. We danced, sweated, drank (first time my wife ever drank) and Rick let us sing "Carve That Possum" into his mic.

We saw them several times after that but the best was probably at the Howlin' Wolf with Bare, Jr.

Mine are:

There are tons more I have seen everyone from Yes to Jethro Tull to the Who to Megadeath. I love music. I haven't been to a concert in years. I can't believe how much tickets are. I remember getting third row U2 tickets for $20.

Journey 1985 - Lakelland FL - 10.50 best lighht show ever seen.... saw them last year at NYS fair and they still have it

4 Best Shows - Stones -

Voudoo Lounge Tour - Syracuse NY

Bridges Tour - Syracuse NY

Current Tour - Indoor - Albany. NY - Took Daughter

Saw Stadium Show - Hershey PA - Took Son

"Nothin on earth like a Stones show"

We actually saw Foreigner Sundat at the NYS Fair.... They put on an awsum show... The larges corud I have ever seen at a fair concert

Have seen skynard eariler this year.... It was a great show as well

In the last year I saw U2, Steve Winwood, ZZ , BB,Willy, kennyRoger's Xmas Show, Crisy Hines and Pretenders, Trisha Yearwood, Allison Krause and Union Station, Howling Wolf and other shows. Got tickets for James Brown today ( he's 70) "See'em before he die's tour".

What was the Worst show you ever saw? Mine was Lou Reed people threw bottles at him he was so off and everybody walked out. Willy was brutal once ( he was screwed up).